addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Overtime: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Overtime: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." ~ Lao Tzu

Welcome to the Overtime Period of PHP Percolate! Season 5, our virtual self-study group. We have now completed the scheduled 14 weeks of our self-study course. Four participants put on a big finish to complete season 5 right on time. Congratulations to Dennis Daudelin, Ken Haduch, Alexander Zaitsev and Bob Hickey for becoming our latest finishers.
There a still a few people who have a good chance of completing the book so I'll declare an overtime period. I won't set an end date. At some time when it appears activity in the  discussion group has ended. I'll send out a wrapup message.  Although I will continue to monitor the discussion pages I won't send out weekly updates until the wrapup.
I encourage those who have made so much progress to continue on and complete the book. I would like to add even more names to the PHP Percolate Wall of accomplishment.

This was our schedule for this season:

PHP Percolate! Season 5 -- Master Discussion List

Final target

Continue to progress through the book with an eye on the finish line. Complete the chapter exercises and post links to your work.  Two things to consider:

First,  consider reviewing the discussion area for the chapter you are about to  work on before you begin.  Others may have found some "gotchas" and checking the discussion area may save you time and a headache.

Second, definitely review the Errata for the book.  Known "gotchas" are identified here. To date only a few are listed beginning in chapter 9. If you find a problem, be sure to leave a comment on Larry's site.

This Week's Top Percolators

Chapter 14 -- Dennis Daudelin
Chapter 14 -- Ken Haduch
Chapter 14 -- Alexander Zaitsev
Chapter 14 -- Bob Hickey
Chapter 12 -- Charlie Johnson
Chapter 11 -- Brian Marple
Chapter 9 -- Nikki Snow
Chapter 8 -- Bill Sanders
Chapter 8 -- David Draper

Enjoy the journey.

Tom Pettingill