Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 01: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 01: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,843
@Fred @David -- Nice work. Off to a good start.
@Tom -- I'll be revisiting jQuery jAM, Season 2 this week as well. I wanted to get off to a positive start with Season 3 and stay on track. Always good to have you looking over my shoulder. Thanks.
Lori D.
LoriDaniells
Boston, MA
Post #: 2
Here's the link to completed exercises - Chapter 1
Jim P.
user 12979782
Hopkinton, MA
I finished Chapter 1.

Exercise list

Have a question on fadeIn.html:

In step 5, instructions are to type in

$(document).ready(function() {

yet in step 5, the code listing has

$(function() {

without the (document).ready code. I tried it both ways and got the same result, with and without the (document).ready. I notice that the completed lesson comes with the (document).ready. Is this a typo on the author's part? I'm too ignorant of the code to know what its purpose is.

Thanks,

Jim
Debra W.
user 64268792
North Billerica, MA
Post #: 6
Is Season 3 a mountain or hill as a beginner? So glad to be able to set off on this journey with all of you.

ch 01 homework
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,844
@Jim -- It turns out that the following are equivalent:

$(document).ready(function() { ...

$(function() { ...

The second is a shorthand version of the first.

The author appears to use the first version (most of the time) throughout the book and so should we. You will see this version most often. So, let's use the first version in our examples.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,845
@Lori -- Good work.

@Debra -- Think of this journey as a series of hills. Some might feel like mountains, especially as we tire and begin to lose energy. However, we are all here to lend a helping hand and encouragement, especially as we take on the more challenging hills.
Elmuiz
user 4735319
Boston, MA
Done with CH 1 and here is the link :
http://www.elmuiz.net...­
May T.
user 12889701
Manchester, GB
Finish Chapter1 Exercises:
Chapter 1 Exercises
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,855
@Elmuiz @May -- Nice work. Off to a solid start. May, I especially like your presentation design.
May T.
user 12889701
Manchester, GB
Post #: 3
@Elmuiz @May -- Nice work. Off to a solid start. May, I especially like your presentation design.

Thank you for your support.