Gloucester, MA
Post #: 5
Chapter 3 complete

http://www.fredtarbox...­
Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 18
I hope my home page gives me sufficient advanced placement credit so that I can start with chapter 4
My home page
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,881
@Fred @Gary -- Nice work.
Alison M.
user 14023065
Boston, MA
Post #: 4
Completed exercises for Chapter 03, posted here: http://www.alisonmora...­

Looking forward to getting started with jQuery!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,889
@Alison -- Nice work. Let's start jAMmin' with jQuery!
May T.
user 12889701
Manchester, GB
Post #: 8
Finish chapter 3 Chapter 3 Exercises

I've got a question. There is a checkbox in alert box "Prevent this page from additional dialogs". How can I remove this checkbox. Because of this checkbox, whether I add string or not for numbers, "Your lucky number is null" will appear.

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,891
@May -- I think there are two issues here.

1. The checkbox in the alert box appears to be browser specific. It appears in Firefox and Chrome but does not appear in Internet Explorer. I do not know how to get rid of it. The author's website does not have a forum to post questions like this. You can try sending David Sawyer McFarland an e-mail at missing@sawmac.com.

2. The "Your lucky number is null" part may not be related to the checkbox as much as to the nature of JavaScript. Check out p. 445 to see how to change a string to a number in your code and let me know if this helps.

Opinions from other are welcome.
Dave K.
davk
Boston, MA
Post #: 96
@May, I reproduced the problem by checking the checkbox to bypass additional dialogue boxes. There is, unfortunately, no way to remove that checkbox. It is actually a good feature because it prevents abusive websites from sticking you in an endless loop of dialogue boxes.

If you don't check the box, the page works fine. On a real website, a JQuery dialogue box would be used instead of prompt(). However this is just an exercise for learning so I would suggest not worrying about it. Onward!
Rick H.
RickHeller
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 6
Chapter Three exercises
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,892
@Rick -- Nice work. On to jQuery!

@Dave -- Thanks again for your contribution and support.