Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 05: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 05: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,028
@Nancy -- Yeah, good stuff. It gets better (and more challenging) from here.
Jen S.
inkpixelspaper
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 12
Not only did I get sick, but I was distracted at each turn by what if's… what if mobile, what if I wanted a difference interaction?

Finally, Chapter 5: http://www.inkpixelsp...­

Also, I'm seeking a resource for mobile jQuery & JavaScript. I want to know how to make these things work for mobile & understand what to do to make things accessible.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,065
@Jen -- Nice (new and improved) work. FYI. Preliminary plans are underway for HTML5 Brunch, Season 3 which will focus on Responsive Web Design (RWD). Stay tuned to a Boston PHP Meetup channel nearest you for additional details.
Peter O.
user 88425422
Boston, MA
Post #: 5
Chapter 5 done.

The hiding feature was so cool, I added it to my index.html.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,077
@Peter -- Slick! Nice work.
Jeff
user 13708200
Goffstown, NH
Post #: 26
Chapter 5 is complete:
Events Intro
FAQ
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,089
@Jeff -- Nice work.
Jim P.
user 12979782
Hopkinton, MA
Post #: 5
Don't know if I'll ever get caught up, but I completed the lessons in Chapter 5.

One note: I was using the latest version of jquery (1.10.1) and when doing the lesson for the FAQ, both the questions and answers disappeared. My code was fine, so after some research I found that the toggle function had been deprecated! So I used the jquery version that came with the lesson.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,102
@Jim -- Good work. The goal should not be to get caught up, but rather, to keep moving forward, one chapter at a time. You are now one third of the way through. At your current pace you will complete Season 3 in 22 more weeks, or early December. This will give you a few extra weeks to enjoy the end of year Holidays! :)

Here is an update on your observations:

Changes of Note in jQuery 1.9

.toggle(function, function, ... ) removed

This is the "click an element to run the specified functions" signature of .toggle(). It should not be confused with the "change the visibility of an element" of .toggle() which is not deprecated. The former is being removed to reduce confusion and improve the potential for modularity in the library. The jQuery Migrate plugin can be used to restore the functionality.
Lori D
LoriDaniells
Boston, MA
Post #: 6
Chapter 5 links...trying to catch up. smile
Chapter 5 - Events Intro
Chapter 5 - FAQ