add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 06: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 06: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,948
Chapter 6 -- complete.

Minor, but annoying, formatting glitch in signup.html. Labels and text boxes not aligned horizontally. Only in Firefox. Chrome seems to function properly. width?, padding? margin? A second pair of eyes is welcome.

UPDATE: The affect apparently has to do with resizing the text ("CTR +" and "CTR -" on a PC). "CTR + 0" brings screen back to normal. All set! No assistance required.
Ken H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 60
Funny, I removed the jQuery. and it made no difference my sidebar is still not turning white

Hi Fred -
It looks like the copy of jquery.color.js that you have on your site still has this:

if ( jQuery.isNaN( value ) ) {
value = prop.def;

Make sure that you upload the new version that you edited to your site - maybe that will fix it? It seemed to work for me.

Ken H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 61
Hello all -

Chapter 6 exercises are complete. Follow the Chapter 6 links and check it out. I included the page examples that they gave with the other easing function and the callback function.

The change to the jquery.color.js that was mentioned did solve the problems with the color change animation - thanks!

Fred T.
user 71205162
Gloucester, MA
Post #: 10
Thanks Ken, I'll give it a try on the server. I made the change and opened the page on my local machine figuring it wouldn't make a difference.

UPDATE: I found a typo in my HTML, works now !!!
A former member
Post #: 24
Hi Gene,

Here are my exercises for this chapter:­

Bob, thanks for pointing out the color script problem. It was very helpful!!

Gene B.
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,951
@Ken @Dennis -- Very nice work and good example of teamwork.

@Bob -- Thanks for the jquery.color.js bug fix.
Gary J.
Boston, MA
Post #: 21
Ch 06
I experimented with replacing the image backgrounds that were used in the faq and the signup examples.
example :
function() {
$("#plus_minush").html("➖­ ");
$("#plus_minust").text("➖­ ");
changeInnerHTML("plus_minusc",­"➖ ");

<p id="open"><span id='plus_minusc'>&#X2795&nbsp;­</span>Login</p>

Instead of
background: url(../_images/open.png) no-repeat 0 11px;

See the first item under chapter 6.
On my local machine I had a few failures with downloading the fonts in the style sheet and I did not notice there was a bug in colorpicker unitl I read this thread.

Timestamp: 5/26/2013 6:03:35 PM
Error: TypeError: jQuery.isNaN is not a function
Source File: http://atest.garyjohn...­
Line: 160

Now its back to seeing why I did notice the color problem
Rick H.
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 9
Done with Chapter 6

To get it to work, I also had to add jquery-ui
Gene B.
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,955
@Rick -- Looking good! Everything functioning properly.
James B.
user 13861667
Spring City, PA
Post #: 99
Chapter 6 MY WORK