align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 08: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 08: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 23
chapter 8
I incorporated the menu on my home site. I put the menu list inside of a js file (so I don't have to run a webserver to see the menu Its sort of like an include file in php). You use
document.writeln(" <ul id=\"navigation\" class=\"flyout\"> ");
document.writeln(" <li><a target=\"_parent\" class=\"fly\" href=\"#url\"><b>Menu­</b></a> ");

to write the html inline.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,018
@Gary -- I'm not seeing the formatting, especially on The Menu. Here is an example of The Menu as it should appear.
Fred T.
user 71205162
Gloucester, MA
Post #: 14
Chapter 8 tutorials, with a shameless plug...

http://www.fredtarbox...­
Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 24
@Gary -- I'm not seeing the formatting, especially on The Menu. Here is an example of The Menu as it should appear.
I prefer a really lean and mean menu. I changed the lists so that it drops down instead of going sideways. This ways, the menu does not obscure much of the page.

For the in page links, I did not link to the Books site.css. The fancybox stuff, when you click on the links is their. Sometimes, I don't submit the "real" homework. I do take the lesson and try and use it in a way that shows I have done the work. For another example, I just took the tooltip stuff from chapter 10 and used the tooltips for links with other jquery code. See the links at the bottom of this page

Portfolio

I use the UI theme "lightness" from jQuery UI to style the tooltips

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,023
@Gary -- The navigation works for me now. I wasn't seeing any jQuery or CSS applied the first time I viewed it. All set. Nice work. Creative. Thanks ~ Gene
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Boston, MA
Post #: 5
Hi Gene, here is chapter 8 Improving navigation
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,029
@Sunday -- menu looks good. In-page-links, not so much. Fred's page offers the desired behaviour.
A former member
Post #: 17
Chapter 8 Improving Navigation. Yes, it really helped me improve my website navigation bar.
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Boston, MA
Post #: 6
Gene, thanks. I forgot to close <script src="fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4­.min.js"> that I opened. here is the corrected version now
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,030
@Sunday -- smile
@Debra -- Could not connect to your domain. Will try again later.