addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 11: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 11: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 28
see chapter 11
I left in "Bad load" to show an unexpected javascript sideffect. The div I include does not have any js in it. Its in the file. It gets executed. Not what I expected.
Load is load.
Big Load is a big load.
Login is login
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,054
@Gary -- Nice job.
Rick H.
RickHeller
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 15
Here is the load exercise

Here the is login exercise
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,068
@Rick -- Nice work.
A former member
Post #: 29
Hi Gene,

Here are my Chp 11 exercises:
http://webrigger.com/jquery_jam3/chapter11.php­

Cheers,

Dennis
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,084
@Dennis -- Nice work. Congrats.
A former member
Post #: 23
My first time to practice ajax knowledge. I believe i have to review Chapter 11 at least twice because i can only understand the basic.

Happy holiday ahead, everyone.smile
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 68
Howdy Gene and all jammers -

I just posted my Chapter 11 exercises to my website. Just follow the Chapter 11 links.

I was having a problem with the "login.html" in one of the intermediate versions as I worked through the tutorial.

The book did not insert the "return false;" code in the text until the later part where it was completing the example, at least not in the on-line copy that I was using. When I didn't have that "return false;" code in there, the login status message was not inserted into the login page as was expected (although it might have flashed by) but the browser continued processing and displayed a page with the word "pass" or "fail" on it, depending on the return from the login attempt.

I just wanted to post this in case it is getting someone else confused in that section where they are trying to demonstrate that repeated failed attempts would repeated prepend the failed login message to the form.

Thanks -
Ken
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,095
@Ken -- Nice work. @Debra -- Yeah, ajax is a weird concept to grasp. Definitely worth a second and a third look. None-the-less, it is valuable and potentially powerful. All the cool kids are using it. You should also check your code with Ken's code on News Headlines. See Figure 11-5 on page 355 for an explanation of the discrepancy.
A former member
Post #: 24
Thanks a lot, Gene. for your kind help.