Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,099
@Rick -- Sweet.
A former member
Post #: 31
Hi Gene,

Chapter 13 read and understood... love the function delegate... and since I'm preparing to write some Ajax code, this is going to serve me well...

No exercises this chapter!

Cheers,

Dennis
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,125
@Dennis -- Sweet.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 62
Hi Gene. I read chapter 13 a couple of times. Lots of good stuff. I have returned to go through chaps 4-9 again as rattling through once isn't sufficient. Thanks.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,129
@Mike -- Thanks for the update. I agree that one time through is simply exposure. Repetition and practice is required to accomplish absorption and ultimately, mastery. I find that taking one of the tutorials and then customizing it (making it your own) can be helpful. Here is my maps example which I will be adding tabs to.
Debra W.
user 64268792
North Billerica, MA
Post #: 26
Ch13 reading is done. It gave me opportunity to update of my knowledge in Ch4 & 5.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,136
@Debra -- Nice work. Right on target. Bring it on home!
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Boston, MA
Post #: 11
Chapter 13 is complete. The author made one mistake on page 414 first paragraph where he said "see the file find.html in the chapter07 tutorial folder" the folder is chapter 13 folder.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,147
@Sunday -- Good catch. Two weeks. Two chapters. Bring it on home!
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 70
Howdy Gene and fellow Jammers -

Just finished breezing through Chapter 13 and looked at (and posted) the demo pages that they used. Cool stuff!

Click here to visit the site, look for Chapter 13