Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 14: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 14: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,920

Welcome to the Chapter 14 discussion area for jQuery jAM, Season 3. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow jAMmers know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
Bob H.
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 67
Chapter 14 complete: http://frogonadog.bye...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,984
@Bob -- Thanks.
Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 31
Ch 14
Regular expressions are not intuitive. I have tried to build a few regular expression testers. I now just do a tiny page until I get the regular expression I want to work, to work. Then I put them in my batch regular expression tester that I have included a link to. If you save the source you will see the page has an array of strings, ie a testbed and you can figure out how to add a regular expression to the code. Its not really slick; however, it does give me extra confidence that my regular expressions work as hoped for.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,081
@Gary -- Cryptic, indeed.
Rick H.
RickHeller
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 18
I have read Chapter 14.

I've used regex in the past, mostly in Perl. I find using subpatterns to stuff $1 $2 $3 to be extremely useful.
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 37
Chapter 14 complete, Retyped printtime()...added to retro time machine
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,100
@Rick @David -- The finish line is in sight.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,103
Chapter 14 -- complete. No tutorials to submit in this chapter.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 63
Hi Gene. I have read through Chap 14 a couple of times; there is a lot of important stuff there of course. Here is the regular expression tester that the author supplies.

Speaking of authors, I am looking forward to publication of Jon Duckett's forthcoming book on JavaScript and jQuery, hoping that it will make a good next step in the learning process. The pub date has been pushed back a few times.