addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Introduction: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Introduction: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,190

Welcome to the Introduction discussion area for PHP Percolate! Season 6. Once you have obtained a copy of the book, feel free to read the Introduction and introduce yourself to your fellow percolators by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,191
I launched PHP Percolate! Season 1 on January 1, 2011. Welcome to Season 6. I am excited to be using a new book for the first time. Larry Ullman's masterwork is in its fourth edition and has attained a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars on Amazon.

Season 6 promises to be our biggest -- and longest -- and best -- season yet. I'm looking forward to learning right alongside everyone else. Let's start percolating! ~ Gene
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 6
Gene:

The book looks excellent and I am looking forward to a great season getting a deeper understanding of how to work with PHP and MySQL. We are launching a start up and this is very germane to what our developers are doing. Thanks, as always, for your good work in orchestrating this esteemed group!
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 65
Hi Gene. Very glad that you are with us once again. I have Larry's book and have begun. My PHP/MySQL platform is provided by Hosting24.com. It costs $7/mo but they are a good resource for would-be developers like me, allowing you to install any Pear/Perl modules in addition to the hundred or so already loaded.
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 7
Good to go - read the introduction and will try to stay on track this season.
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Lagos, NG
Post #: 14
Hi Gene,
I have the e-book and have finished the introduction.
Rebecca
user 86367362
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I have read the introduction. I'm looking forward to learning with everyone!
~Becca
George
user 48950042
Brockton, MA
Hello there Gene!

This will be my first deep dive into PHP, just finished the intro, going to start the 1st chapter tomorrow can't wait!!
Larry K.
user 101393492
Boston, MA
Oh Gene, I have the book, I have read the introduction, I am engaged.
Jim M.
user 65331472
Boston, MA
Hi Gene, thanks for organizing and running this! Really looking forward to it. Starting in on Chapter 1 tonight!