addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Introduction: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Introduction: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Caleb A.
user 106375892
Batangas, PH
Post #: 1
Hey, guys! Green horn here. I'm working with Jeff Sellers through this series and I hope to learn a lot from this. :) I don't really know exactly what to say here. Haha

I'm finished with chapter 1 and here are my thoughts:

* I've worked with PHP before back in college and I've seemed to retained some helpful information about it. The introduction was a good refresher for me.
* The syntax and conventions of PHP are easy to understand and are very similar to other programming languages I've worked with before.
* I'm excited to learn more about PHP and discover what secrets it holds. :)

Cheers!
Caleb
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,243
@Caleb -- Welcome. Please make sure you post links to your Chapter 1 exercises in the Chapter 1 discussion area. See other postings for examples.
A former member
Hello!

Just read the Introduction yesterday.
flox2005
user 11794592
Boston, MA
Post #: 17
Hi Gene,

Thanks for organizing the Percolate again!

I am wondering how people like the Kindle version of the ebook. I noticed that there is no index for quick reference when I checked the sample. One basically has to "flip" through the pages to find certain topics.
Jeff S.
user 58940692
Boston, MA
Post #: 36
Hi there!

To get the Table of contents on the left side like normal, probably buy the PDF version from PeachPit. That is Gene's link to PeachPit. Hopefully Boston PHP gets a small amount of the proceeds to help them out. :) The Amazon Kindle has the Table of Contents but embedded within the body at the very beginning, rather than a regular TOC on the left side.

I have the Kindle which is fine for me, but I would like to have a better way of the TOC being on the side for quick reference. I'm guessing not enough room to do that.

This is an excellent book by Larry. Hope you enjoy.
Judy V.
user 52789062
Boston, MA
Post #: 9
Hi Gene,
The PHP conference was great, it was a real treat to attend Larry's sessions. I am very motivated to begin participating in and learning from this course. Thank you for all of your time and leadership.

Judy

JP
user 8731087
Portsmouth, NH
Hi, everyone. I'm a Drupal developer looking to hone my PHP skills and this book seems like it's a great way to do so.
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 57
@gene...Welcome Back...Introduction completelove struck
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Gene,

I've read the Introduction, and getting things set up for Chapter 1. I've gone half way through, but want to set up a page to link the assignments.

Thanks!!

Susan
JA A.
user 36239252
Arlington, MA
Post #: 3
Hi, Everyone!!
MY name is JA and I got my book around two weeks ago and started right away!! I already finished chapter!
I am really excited!!