addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Chapter 04: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 04: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,291

Welcome to the Chapter 4 discussion area for PHP Percolate! Season 6. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow percolators know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 67
@Gene Ch4 complete- re-reading 1st half again..... 2nd half of chp. very interesting..... felt like I was back in college working with Fortran....
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 11
Gene:

Competed Chapter 4 with some effort.

Using Mac Terminal to access a version of MySQL that I downloaded from Oracle's site.

Also, using phpMyAdmin, via MAMP on localhost, and it appears that there are two separate versions of MySQL running and the two do not share common files.

I did all the exercises and played around with the two environments. Not sure what you want us to post other than a .jpg of Terminal.

Working through Chapter 5 now and I think it will start becoming a little clearer as actual databases are populated and used.

More to come.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,297
@Peter -- No exercises to post for these next few chapters.
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 12
Any thoughts on the two versions of MySQL
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 69
Hi Gene. Here is the chapter four review. Thanks!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,303
@Mike -- Nice work.

@Peter -- It appears as if you have two options for accessing MySQL. Personally, I would use phpMyAdmin via MAMP on localhost. If there is something more technical about your question you might want to post a specific question to Larry's Forum.
Jim M.
user 65331472
Boston, MA
Post #: 11
Hi Gene, here is the Review Q&A section for Chapter 04.

http://jmerrikin.com/...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,306
@Jim -- Once again, very nice presentation. Good work.
Judy V.
user 52789062
Boston, MA
Post #: 13
Hi Gene,
I have read Chapter 4 and I was able to use both mysql client and phpMyAdmin. Here is my completed work up to and including Chapter 4.