addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Chapter 06: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 06: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,316

Welcome to the Chapter 6 discussion area for PHP Percolate! Season 6. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow percolators know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 71
@Gene...Chapter 6 ...complete...cool
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,319
@David -- Commendable use of multiple technologies. Good work.
Jim M.
user 65331472
Boston, MA
Post #: 13
Hey Gene, chapter 6 completed and posted here:

http://jmerrikin.com/...­

Wow, this chapter topic was HEAVY and gives me a new appreciation for the complexities of database design! I wonder how programmers who are not full-time DB architects manage to be good at this?

I am primarily a front-end developer but am working to extend my skills in back-end technologies. I think its one of the reasons you see large companies hiring separate Information Architects, Front-End Developers, Back-End Developers, and Database Architects, because each area requires extreme focus to be at the top of their game.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,328
@Jim -- Nice presentation, as always. Yeah, it takes a village to build a website these days.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 71
Hi Gene. Here is the chapter six review. Thanks!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,329
@Mike -- Nice work. Cruising right along!
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 15
@Gene

Chapter 6 Complete - LOVE this database stuff.

Another exciting Terminal printout for you.
Reminds me of the DEC Writer days!!!

http://www.peterphelp...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,352
@Peter -- Glad you got your laptop working overtime on this database stuff.
Judy V.
user 52789062
Boston, MA
Post #: 15