addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 11: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 11: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,459
@Judy -- Nice work. Setting up all the pieces for the big finish!
David D.
DaveDoyle
Boston, MA
Post #: 14
Chapter 11 complete. Very interesting chapter. http://www.jmerrikin....­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,465
@David -- Good work.
Ashlie
user 4442959
Somerville, MA
Post #: 16
For those struggling to get mail() to send mail from your local environment using an external server, here is a great tutorial about configuring Mercury Mail included with XAMPP. (the key is the settings for the C SMTP RELAY Client).
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,491
@Ashlie -- A Big Thank You for the bonus tutorial.
Ashlie
user 4442959
Somerville, MA
Post #: 17
finally finished chapter 11.
I enhanced the scripts by creating thumbnails of each image during the upload process and then used the proxy script to also display those in the successful upload file and display uploads pages.

I was able to use my website smtp for configuring my local xampp server to send mail on both my computer and live.. really great stuff - previously i just ignored Mercury Mail and tested email when i was live (I'm def not a pro and pursue this stuff cuz i think it's fun- but maybe there's hope for me yet!)
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,507
@Ashlie -- Really good stuff, especially the thumbnails enhancement. It's nice to see that you are having fun with this stuff!
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 23
@Gene:

Here we go. Chapter 11 - a bit of a bear!!!!

http://www.peterphelp...­

Could not get function.js to work properly.
Used Larry's file and it worked perfect.
Compared Larry's file to mine and could see -0- difference using Word compare().

Might have something to do with the spaces that he warned us about - but could not see the case where that happened.

Otherwise, all is well in FL and the base of knowledge continues to expand.

Larry's chapters are long, but do an excellent job of incorporating a ton of information that I was always curious about but never understood how it worked.

Bonus picture of my wife in her Halloween costume. She only dresses like this occasionally and she is not happy that I used the picture - but needed it for functionality of the script - at least, that's what I told her.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,516
@Peter -- Yeah, glitchy things sometimes happen for no logical reason. Perhaps it's the humidity. Also, I'm going to assume the Big Bertha is NOT your wife. Passport photo gives you and air of international intrigue! Good work.
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Lagos, NG
Post #: 21
Here is my Chapter 11