addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 12: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 12: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,471
@Judy -- Nice work. Important material. Good catch on the nuances of the code. Carry on!
Ashlie
user 4442959
Somerville, MA
Post #: 18
chapter 12
I changed the way errors were handled to make it work with all of my convoluted includes and the many redirects. Lots of practice setting cookies and sessions and figuring out how to keep that headers sent error at bay...
This was quite a challenge !
I also included a notice if the user has there cookies disabled - cause nothing works!
I also included messages for if the user accesses the login page but is already logged in. - they can't login again. They also can't logout unless they are already logged in.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,513
@Ashley -- Lotsa good stuff here. Important functionality that you now have a solid handle on. Very good work.
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 24
@Gene:

Chapter 12 almost made me a Percolate DROPOUT --- but had to stay the course!!!
Some of the same stuff we are struggling with on our site - so had to learn.

Final script for Chapter 12 is listed here.

http://www.peterphelp...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,527
@Peter -- The Key to Success.
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Lagos, NG
Post #: 22
Here is Chapter 12
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,530
@Sunday -- Good work.
Larry K.
user 101393492
Boston, MA
Post #: 15
Oh Gene, Chapter 12 posted up here
Feeling: that was cool stuff .... and I'm on-time this week!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,537
@Larry -- Sweet!
David S.
user 107164022
Boston, MA
Post #: 13
Chapter 12 completed. Ahead of schedule! Woo!