addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 13: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 13: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,434

Welcome to the Chapter 13 discussion area for PHP Percolate! Season 6. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow percolators know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 93
@Gene...CH...13..A Fun Chapter to work on...Rolling...on to 14...cool
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 79
Hi Gene. Here are the chapter 13 exercises and review. My ISP wisely does not allow FileInfo extensions so I have to imagine it. Thanks!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,445
@David @Mike -- Good work.
Judy V.
user 52789062
Boston, MA
Post #: 23
Hi Gene,
Here is my completed work up to and including chapter 13!

I looked ahead to the remaining six chapters and noticed that Chapter 18 covers "User Registration", perhaps you should contact the ObamaCare programmers and suggest that they complete this course paying special attention to Chapter 18 :)
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,492
@Judy -- :-D
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 91
Hello again - took a couple weeks' hiatus to do some other PHP investigations...

But I started looking at this chapter, and found that the exercise with the FileInfo library was also not working on my ISP. (dreamhost.com). But a little bit of investigation in my ISPs wiki led to the discovery that I could enable it within my account. I am using PHP 5.4, so FileInfo should be available there, but what I had to do was to add a setting in my home directory:

Create a file (on my ISP account) in ~/<username>/.php/5.4/phprc

And add a line in that file:

extension = fileinfo.so

And then it started working. Not sure if that's a feature of my ISP, or a standard PHP mode of operation? Anyway, it was possible for me to get that functionality working by making that simple adjustment.

Ken
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,505
@Ken -- Interesting. Yeah, this stuff can be quite cryptic. Thanks for sharing.
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 92
Howdy everyone -

Finished chapter 13 exercises and review questions, too. Please follow the link and the section for Chapter 13!

Thanks - looking forward to moving on to the next chapter!
Regards,
Ken
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,510
@Ken -- Nice work. You are percolating at a bold and nutty pace.