Boston PHP Message Board › Introduction: jQuery jAM, Season 4

Introduction: jQuery jAM, Season 4

Gene Babon
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,637

Welcome to the Introduction discussion area for jQuery jAM, Season 4.

Once you have obtained a copy of the book, feel free to read the Introduction and introduce yourself to your fellow jammers by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
Mike Murphy
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 90
Thank you, Gene and the group leaders, for this opportunity. I have the book, registered it, and downloaded all of the author's code. Chapter one has us install Aptana Studio as an IDE, but I am instead going to try to use my ISP Hosting24 which I have found to support developers well.
Peter Phelps
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 40
@Gene:

In --- we have the team back together!!!!

Have the book and will work on hour 1. I am also going to skip Aptana and XAMPP- like the tools I am already using - same result.
Gene Babon
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,639
Jim Phelps and The Team are indeed back and looking to reboot and add new members.

I am in possession of the book and have read the Introduction. I will be using Aptana Studio 3, as recommended, simply because I already have it installed from a previous PHP Percolate! class. I also have been using Sublime Text which will be my fallback.

Looking forward to working with a new team. Let's start jammin'.
Bill Peregoy
billperegoy
Lawrence, MA
Post #: 15
I am too skipping the Aptana Studio and using a local Apache server on my mac.

Another alternative I'm playing with is codepen.io. This a a pretty cool interactive environment where you can interactively play with HTML, CSS and Javascript and see the results realtime in your browser. It's pretty nifty technology.
Bob Hickey
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 90
I am in too. Already jammin' along. I am using Crimson Editor - basic but functional. Going to check out codepen.io.
Maureen Ciaccio
MaureenCiaccio
Boston, MA
Post #: 33
Hi Gene,
I have the book, read the intro and plan to start Hour 1 tonight. April through June is my busiest time of year and I will do my best to get ahead before then. If I seem to fade away, it is not because I gave up, but because I just need a few hours of sleep wink. I am sure I will learn tons, regardless. Thanks for organizing this.
Maureen
Sunday Olaoye
user 24873532
Boston, MA
Post #: 31
I just finished the Introduction now. Ready to read hour one tomorrow.
David Petringa
Dukie
Memphis, TN
Post #: 124
I am...BACK...going to use Aptana Studio...it looks cool!...been using Coffee Cup...done with introduction...we'reJammin...!...laughing
Jeff Tash
user 4756827
Wellfleet, MA
Post #: 67
I'm ready for a wonderful jQuery jAM. Just got the book and have read the Introduction.

I have taken previous tutorial excursions with Boston PHP (thank you Gene!) and thoroughly enjoyed those past experiences. I am retired and live down in Wellfleet on Cape Cod where I spend my time volunteering my services creating various websites. Below are a few of my websites: