The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston would like to invite you to a day of free programming to celebrate Nowruz.
Specific events throughout the day include:
· Enjoy a musical performance by the Amir Vahab Ensemble.
· Watch Sheila Eghbali and the Iranian Dance Artists, perform authentic dances from various regions of Iran. Then learn some moves in a dance workshop promoting cultural understanding and appreciation of the diversity of Iranian dance forms.
· Catch a screening of No Men Allowed (102 min.) by Rambod Javan. The film is a refreshing and hilarious take on romantic comedy—a genre that’s popular in Iran, but rarely seen outside the country.
· Join Pen and Anvil poet Sassan Tabatabai for an engaging lecture about the Nowruz celebration in Persian history and myth, and discuss its contemporary manifestations through its associated rituals and ceremonies.
· Drop in anytime to watch as Iranian-born architect and designer, Davood Shahin demonstrates the art of Persian calligraphy.
· Get creative! Get drawing tips and ideas from an artist as you sketch a model dressed in festive costume. Craft a symbolic, festive paper flower to decorate your home in celebration of Nowruz.
· Enjoy gallery and spotlight talks highlighting works from the Ancient Near East in Persian and English.
Visit their website and Facebook for more information.
*All events are FREE with Museum admission