In preparation for her PyCon tutorial, Jessica will rehearse it for Boston Python members.
Jessica McKellar, A hands-on introduction to Python for beginning programmers
Beginning programmers: Jump start your Python and programming careers with this 3-hour interactive tutorial. By the end, you'll have hands-on exposure to many core programming concepts, be able to write useful Python programs, and have a roadmap for continuing to learn and practice programming in Python. This class assumes no prior programming experience.
- Python as a calculator
- Basic data types
- Interactive programs: input and output
- Making choices: booleans and flow control
- Lists and iteration
We'll also practice writing Python scripts, see demos of cool Python applications, and take a quick tour of popular Python libraries.
PyCon tutorials are half-day in-depth courses presented in the days preceding the bulk of PyCon. Rehearsing with a real audience is a great way to prepare. Come ready to learn, and also to provide feedback!
Note: Space is very limited for these events, please do not sign up for more than one, to give others a chance.
No food is being provided at this event.
We are in MIT classroom 2-139, which is in Building 2 on the first floor. This map shows where building 2 is: http://whereis.mit.edu/?go=2
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 84 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is paid garage parking at 5 Cambridge Center and at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema).