The Asheville Boston Terrier Meetup Group Message Board › Weird question, but...

Weird question, but...

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I just got a 5 month old Boston and he is so sweet in every way but one..........he has eye-watering, room-clearing gas!!! Has anyone tried any probiotics or something that at least tones the smell down? It's a killer!

I feed him what the previous owner used for dog food...Purina One Puppy mixed with canned Pedigree. I've decided to get rid of the canned food to see if that helps. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Karen
A former member
the canned you were mixing ...it wasn't the kind with gravy was it? that has always made ours worse...if you do give the canned pedigree, even occasionally, make sure it is the ground. i don't right off hand know of anything for dogs to help with the gas...wish they had "beano" for dogs!! lol!! we would have used it to night... i had to clear the room of all of ours and send them outside to see if that would help...
if anyone has any other ideas, PLEEEASE post.
A former member
Post #: 2
I think I might have figured it out! I started mixing his dry food with a spoonful of greek low-fat plain yogurt I got from Earthfare and his gas has not only been less, it has been not as pungent and eye-watering. And he loves the yogurt. The enzymes in the yogurt are supposed to help with the bacteria in the bowel.

Not sure this works with every dog, but it's working with mine!! Yay!!
Janice
user 8803352
Asheville, NC
We had to try the probiotics when Iggy all-of-a-sudden had room-clearing gas; and it worked beautifully. janice