addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boulder Spanish Meetup! Message Board › Boulder Spanish Meetup - Scam Email

Boulder Spanish Meetup - Scam Email

Scott C.
scroasdale
Group Organizer
Boulder, CO
Hello BSM members!  Scott here.  A couple fellow members have alerted me of a strange email from a new meetup registrant.  It begins like the below...

---

Hello,
I have contacted you because I have sent you the first transfer of $5000 from your winning funds total amount of $1.5Million USD. Therefore you need to contact Western Union agent Mr. John Michael, to give you the transfer payment information and Western Union MTCN immediately you call or email him.

---

It's clearly a scam and I've removed and banned the member who incidentally just joined today.  Please let me know of any other suspicious emails.

Best, Scott Croasdale
Dru W.
user 2391280
Louisville, CO
Post #: 249
Do you know if they were able to send the $5000 before you banned them?