Jun 21, 2014 · 7:00 PM
Last summer Boulder Wine Meetup member Shanna hosted a wine tasting of Barbera and Barbaresco wines from Italy. This year, she is doubling down by hosting a tasting of Italian wines including those two grapes plus Barolo and Brunello. Here is a quick primer on these four grapes:
• Barbera: Full-bodied red grape, generally from Piedmont in the North that has been around for 1000 years longer than Cabernet
• Barbaresco: Another red wine from the Piedmont region but this one produced with the Nebbiolo grape
• Barolo: Another Piedmont wine made from the Nebbiolo grape but generally higher in tannins than Barbarescos
• Brunello: This wine is made from the Sangiovese grape, Italy's most popular, and comes from Tuscany
• White Wine Lovers? There are many Italian varieties that begin with Bian... The challenge is on! Surprise us!
On this day of Summer Solstice, please bring a bottle of one of the above wines plus an appetizer of "your favorite spicy dish" to share, as well as your own wine glass. As always, please only RSVP that you will attend if you really will attend! If you need to cancel, please do so in advance, so that those on the wait-list have a chance.