The Portland Boxer Activity Club Message Board › Scheduling Boxer Meetups for the Year
Happy New Year Everyone!
With Larry our feerless leader for so many years having retired and Barbara working more, it looks like scheduling meetups has fallen to me. I have been researching Fenced Dog Parks in the Tri-county area and have a list of the following ones (bold ones we have had meetups at):
1. Chimney Park- 9360 N Columbia Blvd- 6 acres-has shade & bags but no water.
2. Lynchwood- 170 & SE Haig off Powell- 1.5 acres-no water or bags-not totally fenced but pretty secure on east side.
3. Sacajawea- off NE 72 between Prescott & Killingsworth-2.6 acres-limt parking-grassy-no water, bags or shade
4. East Delta- 10774 N Union Ct-E off I-5 & MLK- 2 acres- no water or bags but has shade & picnic tables
5. Normandale-NE 57 & Halsey-1.6 acres has water & bags plus shade
6. Mt. Tabor- SE 60 & Salmon- south part of park- 4 acres -has water & bags, trails & trees-play area can be muddy except July-Sept.
7. Gabriel -SW 45 & Vermont- 1.5 acres-has water, bags, picnic tables and shade.
8. 1000 Acres-Troutdale-not fendced but isolated. Home of our annual Boxer Hike (and swim).
9. Hondo-Hillsboro-off Hw 26 @ Cornelius Pass Exit- Has a monthly Boxer Meetup on the last Sat of every month at 10:00 AM- has water & bags but little shade on 3.8 acres.
10. Wilsonville-Memorial Park- 8100 SW Wilsonville Rd- 2 acres -has water, bags & shade
11. Potso-13200 SW Wall St.Tigard-2.7 acres-no water or bags-shade under canopies.
12. N.Clackamas- 5440 SE Kellogg Dr. Milwaukie-1.5 acres has shade but no water or bags
Our attendance has been dwindling and I'd like to get feedback from Members on the best days and times to meet and where you like to meet! We have traditionally met on Saturday at 10:00. Our attempts at Sunday meetings have not been very successful. I would also would like feedback on the other parks we have not had meetups at if you have been there. I'd like to have us explore some new parks so I canceled Hondo for the end of Feb and will schedule Gabriel Park instead.
Let me know how you want this group to proceed. The only one I know I will schedule at this point after February is our Annual Boxer Hike (and Swim) at 1000 Acres on August 24th.
I just wanted to add an amendment to Chimney Park- it has water now.
Also, I like the 11:00am start time as I am not a morning person. Right now I have Fridays and Saturdays off, but my husband's schedule is varied so week day meet-ups would work for us too.
Thanks for taking this on and getting us together.