Announcing a new Meetup for Washington DC Samba Brazil Meetup Group!
What: Before the Party come to a SAMBA and Salsa Class
When: Saturday, January 16,[masked]:00 PM
Chevy Chase Ballroom
5207 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20015Here is the deal
You come for the class we stay until 11pm and we go party and you see me performing!
Sounds like a plan?STUCKONSALSA AND MORE DANCE-AND-LEARN PARTY
'A Night of Mayhem'It's On Fire Tonight - Cuban Salsa, Mambo, Brazilian Samba, Argentine Tango and more
'Martin Luther King Weekend Sat Night Social'
including workshops, snacks, refreshments and non-stop DANCING!Presented by Earl Rush and StuckOnSalsa, Latin Delirious, Peter Nobles, International DanceSPORT and Entertainment (PleaseDanceWithMe.com) and the Chevy Chase Ballroom. Start Time:
Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 7:00pm
(Numerous dance workshops from 7-9:30pm)End Time:
Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 2:30am Location:
the Chevy Chase Ballroom and DanceSport Center, 5207 Wisconsin Ave NW City:
Washington, DC 20015 Where: the Chevy Chase Ballroom
, 5207 Wisconsin ave NW, WDC (1 block S of the Jennifer St Exit of the Friendship Hts Red Line Metro Workshops take place from 7pm until 9:30pm
Party from 9:30 am until 2:30 am
Cover is 12.00 - includes workshops, snacks, refreshments and all-night DANCING!
BYOB Studio 1 Workshops:
(1) 7pm until 7:45 pm authentic Brazilian Samba (Danielle Areco-The SAMBA DIVA) and ChaChaCha (Teacher T0-Be-Announced)
7:45pm until 8:30pm beginner and Intermediate Bachata (Teacher TBA)
8:30pm until 9:30pm Rumba class (Teacher TBA) Studio 2 workshops
7:00 intil 7:45 Beginning Tango (Terry Chasteen)
7:45pm until 8:30pm Beginning Zouk Beginning ON 1 and Beg On2 (Earl Rush, Terry Chasteen and Teacher TBA)
8:30pm until 9:30pm Ladies Styling and Men's Foot work ON 1 and ON2 (Earl Rush, Terry Chasteen and Teacher TBA)DJ's in studio 2 DJ Eric B and DJ Neo playing that salsa Mambo and ChaChaCha and Bachata that makes you wanna danceDJ in studio 1 DJ Asho playing mostly Timba sets with a little mix to make things interesting PARKING UPDATE AT THE CHEVY CHASE BALLROOM:
(1) 14 spaces are available at the East end of the Bank Of America parking lot during non-banking hours
(2) 10 spaces directly under the ballroom after 9pm when Paul's Liquor closes
(3) 12 spaces across the street at the BB&T Bank also during non-banking hours (two of which are for handicapped parking).
(4) Friendship Heights red line Metro is three minutes away at the Jennifer St exit
(5) the 30 line Metro bus stops directly across the street into the wee hours to Georgetown and all the way through downtown to Capitol Hill.
(6) Plenty of parking also available along Harrison St and on the next block East along 42nd St at Harrison St NW behind Fox 5 News. Join 'The Samba Diva', Danielle Areco from Sao Paulo on Saturday, Jan 16th to start your new year off right...by DANCING!!
Get started now to prepare for the upcoming February CARNAVAL and Mardi Gras parties with this expert of 'ALL' styles of Brazilian and Latin Dance, Danielle Areco (www.BrazilLatino.com
). At 7pm. Learn basic Salsa, Argentine Tango and other Ballroom, Latin or Swing dances by request followed by authentic Brazilian Samba and the authentic Brazilian dances (including my FAVORITE, the lively 'AXE') to prepare for the fast-approaching February CARNAVAL and Mardi Gras season.
Cost: $12 to include soft drinks and delectable snacks and munchies. More information at www.PleaseDanceWithMe.com
. Email [address removed],[masked]-0870.
DANCE-&-LEARN PARTIES AND MILONGAS AT THE CHEVY CHASE BALLROOM INCLUDE BEGINNER MINI-DANCE CLASSES IN SALSA, LATIN OR SWING AT 8PM AND BEGINNER ARGENTINE TANGO FOLLOWED BY EITHER BALLROOM, LATIN & SWING OR TANGO FROM 9PM - 11PM ALONG WITH DANCE AND PRACTICE MUSIC BY REQUEST. CERTAIN DATES MAY ALSO INCLUDE LATE-NIGHT SALSA & RUEDA OR AN ARGENTINE TANGO MILONGA DANCE PARTY FROM 9PM - 2AM WITH 1 OR 2 TANDAS OF NON-TANGO MUSIC DURING THE NIGHT (ALL LEVELS OF DANCERS ARE WELCOME AND HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND. YOU NEEDN'T BE DANCING LIKE A PRO TO HAVE A GREAT TIME AT OUR MILONGAS).
When offering a late-night Tango Milonga dance party, in addition to the ABSOLUTE BEST in traditional Tango music, we will also be playing one or two tandas of great non-Tango selections (Salsa, Cha Cha, Swing, Hustle Merengue, Social Rumba or even Ballroom!) by request later in the night for those who are also Latin, Rhythm and Swing dancers. So come early and prepare for some other dance styles.
Cost: $12 ($2 Meetup.com discount for those who bring a copy of their Meetup membership profile) to include soft drinks and delectable snacks and munchies. More information at www.TangoDanceSport.com
or email [address removed],[masked]
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION UPDATE AT THE CHEVY CHASE BALLROOM:
1) 14 spaces are available at the East end of the Bank Of America parking lot during non-banking hours,
2) 10 or more spaces available directly under the ballroom after 9pm when Paul's Liquor closes,
3) 13 spaces directly across the street at the BB&T Bank, including 2 handicapped spaces (also during non-banking hours),
4) Metro is 3 minutes away at the Jennifer St exit of the Friendship Hts red line,
5) The 30 line Metro bus stops directly across the street into the wee hours to Georgetown and all the way through downtown DC to Capitol Hill.
6) Plenty of parking is also available along Harrison St and on the next block East along 42nd St behind WTTG Fox 5 News at Harrison, NW.
Join us for monthly Salsa, Ballroom, C/W, Argentine Tango & more Dance-&-Learn Parties.
Includes a beginner mini-class from 8-9pm and teacher assistance in Ballroom, Latin, Swing, C/W, Argentine Tango and more...(plus possible 'Thriller' and/or 'Beat It' training for the start of a FlashMob by request) .
Address: 5207 Wisconsin Ave, NW Washington DC 20015. Contact Terry Chasteen at[masked] or [address removed] with questions.
Regular admission: $12.00 per person plus discounts. Visit www.PleaseDanceWithMe.com
You've been watching "So You Think You Can Dance" on Fox 5, "America's Ballroom Challenge" on PBS and "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC. Now is the time for YOU to BECOME ONE OF THOSE STARS! "Out on The Dance Floor"!
So join us!
for additional information on 4th & 5th Saturday of each month plus occasional Friday Dance-&-Learn Party dates at the Chevy Chase Ballroom.
JOIN US! for a tremendous, non-stop, fun-filled dance event of mini-classes for beginners early in the evening, demonstrations in different dance styles, snacks & refreshments and PLENTY of dancing.
It's time to STOP WATCHING all the fun and START HAVING IT!!
NO PREVIOUS DANCE EXPERIENCE OR DANCE PARTNER NECESSARY TO ATTEND
Let's STOP WATCHING all the fun and START HAVING IT!!
For additional information, contact:
International DanceSPORT and Entertainment
The web site for the annual "Out on The Dance Floor Charity Ball" plus monthly "So You Think You Can Dance DC", "Dancing with the DC Stars" and "Dancing with the AC/DC Stars" mini-dance competitions.
Prepare now for the BATTLE OF THE BALLROOM during our Dance-&-Learn Parties, dance classes in every dance style, "Dance-at-Your-Wedding Workshops" and "Sunday Salsa, Rueda and Argentine Tango Socials". There's no better way to spend an evening than by DANCING!
Isn't it time to STOP WATCHING all the fun and START HAVING IT?!
Join us over Martin Luther King weekend for a great night of early dance workshops followed by all-night DANCING! until 2:30am! (and there's NO SCHOOL on Monday!...)
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/brazilians-123/calendar/12336285/