“Breathe” is an initiative by CEPCE (www.cepceindia.org) to provoke a thought for a greener and cleaner India. So, what’s new about it? Haven’t many others come up with similar groups and organizations? Yes there are many other groups formed on similar lines but we aren’t here to compete. We wish all the other groups in achieving success in their own way to save our planet.
At Breathe we have similar ideologies of making greener environment by planting trees, forestation etc. but our focus revolves around rural India. The sacred part of India which is fast lured to the modern living styles. The vision is to develop a self sustainable hamlet, a crossover between the simplicity of village life, the greenery and the wisdom of productivity enhancing technology.
Apart from rural India we focus on the declining boundaries of the forests by not just planting trees but also safeguarding them. Our activities include;
1. Planting trees majorly in the suburban and rural India and run it under a system which would not just plant trees but also look after the growth, maintenance and also, form increase employment opportunities.
2. Teaching villagers about cleaner environment
3. Awareness programs;
* Garbage management
* Against use of plastic
* Renewable and Alternate resources of energy
4. Cleaning up of plastic form natural water bodies like lakes and waterfalls
5. Environmental education program for School children
6. Try and educate Auto drivers on vehicle maintenance with a goal to reduce carbon emissions from Autos.
7. Promote vehicle pooling activities.
8. Support to organizations and NGOs involved in similar programs.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Breathe - Greener and Cleaner India||June 7, 2010 1:01 PM||Arun R.|