August 7, 2014 · 1:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Proudly introducing "Mr.KK" LaoShi, a professional Mandarin and Cantonese private tutor. ("Laoshi" literally means "teacher" or "instructor" in Mandarin).
BCCT (BC College of Teachers) certified.
Full of knowledge and patience in tutoring and training, to Mandarin Chinese language learners of all levels and age groups. Either from beginner, intermediate to advanced,
or from young kids of 6-year-old at least to adult students.Dedicated to Mandarin Chinese teaching as a full-time career. Unique approach and method titled "Speed Chinese". Energetic and enthusiastic personality.
Qualifications & certificates:
Certificate of Teaching English as a Second Language (ESL),
- issued by GuangZhou University, China.
University Teaching Qualification License
- issued by Chinese Education Ministry, China.
First Class Certificate of PuTongHua (literally means Common Language, alternative & domestic name for Mandarin) Proficiency,
- issued by National Language & Character Task Committee of China.
BC Certified Teacher (Chinese as a Second Language, CSL)
- being evaluated by BC College of Teachers.
Work and Canadian Experience:
- Unique Dual Native Mandarin & Cantonese Chinese speaker born in China.
- Excellent understanding of English, French, Mandarin and Cantonese as teaching languages and their cultures.
- Over 15 years of Mandarin teaching experience in China and Canada.
Have been teaching Mandarin & Cantonese Chinese at Chinese Cultural Centre (CCC, S. K. LEE ACADEMY – Chinese Languages Academy) since 2008 until 2010.
Flexible schedule, course length, learning session and teaching location.
One-on-one tutoring or small private learning group with five students maximum.
For children from 6 to 15 of age, $38 per hour.
For adult students, $20 per hour! (30% off during promotion for 10 sessions)
*20%-off discount offer to one of the following situations:
1. Each 2 to 4 students attending in one class. Or
2. Each individual student taking 2+ lessons for 2 + hours each on a weekly basis.
* Essential Phonics Basic - Pinyin Scheme for Mandarin Phonetic Alphabet.
* Communication-oriented Vocabulary Building and Speaking Skill Exercising with useful sentence format.
* Practical Situational Dialogue with grammars and usages.
* Optional Simplified and/or Traditional Chinese character basic.
* Chinese character keyboard input using Microsoft Pinyin Input ver 3.0
* Advanced Reading and Essay Composition Guide with rhetorical/styled features for advanced level students (Business Mandarin).
Recommended learning material resource:
Hanban - The Office of Chinese Language Council International of the State Department of China
Bookstore - The Centre for Chinese Language Education
8674 Granville St., Vancouver. (cross 71st Ave.)
Chapters - Mandarin for Dummies, Flash Cards etc.
Looking for potential and serious ADVANCED Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese language learners in Vancouver (West Side), delivered in English. Motivation for speaking Chinese. Could be in your place within North Van., Richmond, Burnaby. EACH TIME, 2 HOURS only!!!
References and credentials are available upon request.
Come across our site www.waitungkwok.com and you will be surprised to see more business-oriented events and studies.