align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

GUST (Gwinnett: Understanding Secular Truths) Message Board › I hate posting on discussion boards...but here it goes

I hate posting on discussion boards...but here it goes

Vance
user 13932661
Covington, GA
Post #: 2
I am a 49 year old male who finds himself being more and more isolated from society. I used to have lively discussions with my Christian friends who could discuss religion without trying to convert me. They are difficult to find so now the discussions have stopped. You cannot win an argument with someone who basis their argument on "faith". Don't get me wrong; part of me enjoys the solitude. But we are social creatures and total isolation is not good for the intellect. So, from time to time, I think I will post on this board. Even if nobody is listening, it will provide me with an outlet.

The more I post, you will find mistakes in my writing. A friend, many years ago, told me I was an impatient writer. She was being kind.

I am a "free thinker" but not a "deep thinker".
A former member
Post #: 126
Hi Vance,

I tend to have discussions on discussion boards more than anything else. I have some friends that are Christian, but I don't think that they know that I'm a Atheist, and even if I did, I'm not sure they'd be interested in having any kind of debate about it.

I say feel free to vent here, though. We all need that sometimes, and being an Atheist living in the southeast US, maybe we need it a bit more than everyone else. heh.

Scott