This is not a usual group activity but you are welcome to join us for Tasmania camping and hiking trip from Fri 16th Nov, 2012. We plan to drive from Brisbane to Melbourne and then take ferry to Devonport and explore the Island for about 10 days from 20th Nov. We will camp at Cradle mountain, West coast (Queenstown & Strahan), Hobart, Launceston etc. We would also be hiking partly on famous Overland track on its northern (Dove Lake) and southern ends (Lake St. Clair) for 2-3 days.
If you are able to go on these dates, I can send you our itinerary by email. If you can't drive that distance or short on time, you have choice of flying there, hire a car and join us there. Either case you would need to plan now with your ferry or airline/car hiring bookings etc. You can share car hiring or car pooling with other interested people who have signed up but unfortunately I will not be able to organize this part because of many factors and complications involved.
Here are some approximate costs to give you an idea:
- Airfare Brisbane - Hobart (return): from $350 (you will have to carry some camping stuff)
- Car hiring at Hobart airport: from $65/day
- Camping sites from $10-15/day/person
- There are some park entry/hiking fees though small.
- If you are travelling by your own car all the way - cost of ferry from Melbourne - Devonport for 2 people/1 car is appx $850 (return).
I can send the itinerary by email if you are serious, just send me an email from my profile (please do not write up on this blog).
If you want to share car hiring or trip cost with others, send them personal email from their profile rather than posting messages here - it will be too messy for everyone.