Mat D.
user 39332392
Bristol, GB
Post #: 1
Hi guys,

Just signed up to the group.. Hopefully this is the correct area to post this, if not i apologize. I'm currently trying to get into Ruby rails, i was emailing a possible mentor and he suggested this as a real good place to sign up to and that the guys here are very good!

So hopefully you guys welcome newbies to ruby. My skills are currently in web design and i'm self taught in html and css and a little other of the basics in java and php but ive loved what i've seen of ruby thus far and im itching to learn so anyone with any pointers, even better.

Look forward to getting to know peeps

Regards
Mat
Theo
user 13488390
Bristol, GB
Post #: 1
Hi Mat,

You're on the right track! We do monthly meetings with talks (which tend to be ruby/javascript, but have known to be anything). Tonight there's one of these meetings­ at Jiva's offices. We also do a weekly hack night where anyone is welcome to come along, which is a good opportunity to find some help with what ever you're working on.

See you soon

Theo
Mat D.
user 39332392
Bristol, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Theo,

Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like the sort of thing i need to get into. Do mind if i ask if you know of any good leads on Bristol based mentors? I'm quite sure i can teach myself but always helps to have the option of having someone at your side who knows things inside out.

Thanks again
Mat
Theo
user 13488390
Bristol, GB
Post #: 2
Mat,

I'm around every Wednesday and happy to help then. Have you got a project you're working on at the moment?

Cheers

Theo
Mat D.
user 39332392
Bristol, GB
Post #: 3
Hi Theo,

Do you have an email i can get you on if you don't mind? I'm currently working through ebooks building various practice programs. Although i do have my own project that i've planned once i'm ready to venture into building something without a guide :)

Cheers
Mat