Dec 1, 2012 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Medium paced ride to Chepstow for lunch at Coffee #1 and back to Bristol via the Portway. Stops en route to admire views/rest etc (depending on weather conditions may turn into much shorter ride/café crawl!).
Meeting for coffee @ 10:00am, setting off at 10:30am prompt. Return to Bristol by early evening with a possible trip to a cycle-friendly pub for dinner/well deserved drink :)
- Large-wheeled (26" wheel+) bicycles setup for road riding. We'll stick mainly to quiet roads and cycle tracks
- Medium pace (reasonably leisurely, to enjoy the scenery & company but good cycle fitness and a comfortable mid-distance bike required)
- Approx 50 miles total
- A lock
- Spare inner tube for your wheel/tyre size, plus tools if any (eg spanners, security tool) to remove your wheel (and preferably tyre levers, pump and repair kit, although we generally have these between us)
- Snacks and drinks for en-route (we'll take breaks but there are fewer refreshment outlets than on routes like the Bristol/Bath cycle path).
- There are numerous mini-supermarkets near our meeting point if you need to stock up immediately before departure
As ever, if the weather's awful (and I'm only proposing we go if conditions are looking fine as I don't find this kind of distance much fun in the rain/wind!), we can do an alternative shorter ride/café & pub tour around Bristol instead.
General Bike Info:
I've put together the odd bit of info/advice (including correct cycle adjustment) that might be useful at: http://ref.domstips.i... (some of my own tips plus links to useful cycling related websites, suggestions for additions always welcome...).
Adults (18+) only