'Brits Abroad' in the Valley Message Board › Heinz Baked Beans

Heinz Baked Beans

Stella
user 3933433
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 1
Hi All.
I was shopping at Fresh and Easy yesterday and they have Heinz Baked Beans. It's the first time I've seen them there. Just wanted to let you all know incase your craving some decent baked beans with you morning fry up!.
Stella
Helen R.
user 9524622
Gilbert, AZ
Thanks!

I usually go to the World Market - they have spaghetti, Mrs. Pataks curry mixes, flakes, turkish delight and McVities chocolate biscuits too, but they are a bit pricey.

What realy gets my goat is when I buy sausages with the Union Jack on them, I later find that they taste like cardboard and are made in CA. Waste of money.

What I really want to find is Vimto. A kebab house in Tucson carries the carbonated cans but I need the cordial for lollies. Anyone seen any??

Helen
John O
user 9329055
Phoenix, AZ
F&E also has back bacon. Mmmm, yummy, bacon eggs n beans :) I'm already out the doo.......
Helen R.
user 9524622
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 2
such useful info... I just scoffed down; back bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans, toms, toast and proper brown sauce - all from F & E.

I bought tons of stuff - salad cream, malt vinegar, salt n vin crisps. Now, if they'd get decent bread (Warburtons rules) and some Lurpak I'd be in 7th heaven (and out of my jeans.)

The bloke in the Baseline store said that F&E is really Tesco. Nice one.

Helen
Sunny W.
user 8993208
Scottsdale, AZ
Helen,

I'm sure you are looking for somewhere local to buy stuff but just FYI you can get Vimto cordial online in the USA at britishfoodshop.com - about $5. And Goodwoods British Market online do frozen sausages from England - they send them to you frozen from TX. It can be pretty pricey online though. The Codfather chip shop on Bell Road also has a really good selection of British goodies, I've seen some bottles of juice there... they might have Vimto?!

I didn't know F&E did salt and vinegar crisps! :)

Sunny
Ian S.
user 38568622
Chandler, AZ
Those of you craving good English bread I hope this link works my uncle had his own Bakery in Cornwall and this is the closes thing i can find you have to get there early and they are closed Sundays and Mondays ask for white bread

http://www.yelp.com/b...­
A former member
Post #: 2
A good place to go to get rare British products like Irn Bru, Tizer and all sorts of candy is The Codfather chip shop on Bell Rd.

Actually I wanted to create a file on "All things British - in Phoenix" to be like a welcome/information file for all ex pats and visitors. Any suggestion would be great.

Mark Clark