A FFBMP (federation of belgian walking clubs) walk is organised in Huy on June, 6th. The principle of those walks is quite simple: you arrive there, choose a circuit, register at the secretariat (0.75€), follow the arrows and come back at the starting point. The available distances are 42, 30, 20, 13 and 8 km.
The only information is here: http://www.ffbmp.be/WEBSITE/_Download/20140705LG182.pdf
And because I don't have more information, the traditional "some facts" section will be limited to the distances.
From an organisational point of view, there are some differences with the GR activities:
- no limited numbers of participants
- FFPMP are big scale events, there are checkpoints where you can buy drinks or something to eat, but it's of course recommended to take enough to drink and to eat.
- "subgroups" are formed according to the chosen loop and pace and are autonomous (the marking is good, there are a lot of people - especially on the small loops - so no risk to get lost), it's not the goal the group stays together. Everyone can walk closer to his/her ideal pace.
So, don't hesitate to use the comment section to:
• indicate your preferences for the distance
• propose another starting time if 8.15 doesn't suit you.
• to show that you've done more than just clicking "RSVP yes" in the invitation — the number of actual participants is usually much much lower than the number of "RSVP yes"...
My personal choice is to take the train at 8.23 at Bruxelles-Luxembourg and do the 42km loop at a "sporty" pace.
For the transportation, you need a return train ticket to Huy. There are trains every hour, the last train leaves Huy at 21.10 and arrives in Brussels in 22.40.