align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bubbles Up Jacksonville Message Board › Need a new first stage

Need a new first stage

This message board is read-only.

Dan W.
user 29403702
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 2
Hey old man, guess what your Sherwood first stage is too old to rebuild, they don't make parts for it any more. At least I got my money's worth out of it. So I was wonder if any one had an extra first stage they wanted to let go of.

Dan
A former member
Post #: 18
How much are you looking to spend and get me the model number off your first stage as I bet they still make kits for it.
Dan W.
user 29403702
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 3
I've been looking on craigslist but haven't found any thing yet. I can get a new Hog for about 150. I would like to hold the cost down to a min. The folks at Divers Supply told me thy didn't make part for it any more. They've got it right now so I can't get you the model. I'll can ask them for it, do you really think I might still be able to get a kit for it?
Dan W.
user 29403702
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 4
I found the warranty card. It says lifetime parts and repair. Model SRB-3400 Ser. A118645 I bought it in 8/89. Wow!
A former member
Post #: 20
I will look and see if they still have the rebuild kits. Looks like I can get you a HOG D1 first stage for 125 plus tax. But remember that HOG first stages are DIN and not yoke.

Well based on what I am reading from all my Sherwood service tech bulletins, you should be able to use the 4000-15n rebuild kit which they still make. However with that being said, they phased out the old stye piston in 1989ish, so not sure if the new re-build kit will work with the old piston (if that is what you have). Since your serial number is below 500,000 then it has a lifetime warranty, but again in order for the warranty to be good, the reg should have been serviced annually, if not, then the warranty is void...:( If it has ever been serviced post 1990 then there should be a NEW piston in it, in which the rebuild kit 4000-15n should do the trick..
Dan W.
user 29403702
Jacksonville, FL
Post #: 5
I didn't know that about the piston. I'm sure it was rebuilt during that time. I was looking and found that kit yesterday, will contact them to make sure it will fit. Thanks for the help. Hope this works.

On another note I'm leading a group of the Sidetrackers Meetup on a trip to snorkel/Kayak with the manatees in Crystal River on 2/16, Sat. You are welcome to join us or better yet do meetup for divers/snorkelers the same day. Sidetrackers is a singles group but I won't tell any one, not really enforced. Their is no charge to attend an event.