This month, I’d like to talk about goals and goal-setting… and, in particular, settling vs. striving vs. a balance of the two.
Questions to consider include:
- How “Buddhist” is goal-setting?
- How do you define a “goal”? Is it healthy to “settle”? How do we decide how much to settle for?
- Can we use Buddhism as a means to achieve our goals?
- To touch upon last month’s topic a bit… don’t we all come to the Buddhism and Happiness meetup with some “goal” in mind? Is Buddhism itself goal oriented (liberation from suffering / Nirvana)?
- Are goals always motivated by discontent? (i.e. discontent makes us act to replace it, and this replacement is often a clear goal of something that we think will make us content, used as a source of inspiration)
Please come with thoughts and considerations.
Hope you can attend!