The Buffalo Outdoors Meetup Message Board › Pool Roling practice

Pool Roling practice

Daniel C.
user 58956562
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
Evergreen Outfitters has an open pool every non holiday Tuesday from now till April 7pm to 9PM Cost is $10 This is NOT ROLL CLASS. Its just open pool to practice you roll or practice your self rescue. They have a class to teach rolling in early 2014. More info can be found on there facebook page here https://www.facebook....­
Fred N
user 29297752
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 14
Looks like they have Roll classes starting in February down in Chautauqua. I'm interested in taking the class. Maybe we can organize a meetup and get some more BOM kayakers involved.
Carl L.
user 11291545
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 117
I would be interested in organizing a meetup for this if......I had all the details and......we carpooled to make this more cost effective.
Fred N
user 29297752
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 15
From their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/210528719126592/­

7-9pm Turner Fitness Center, Chautauqua
Feb 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, March 4th & 11th

"It's that time of the year again: time to get into the pool, grab some boats, and teach a fresh batch of eager students how to roll their kayaks! This is one of our favorite lessons to teach anyone looking to step to the next level of kayaking and learn the ultimate "show-off" trick to impress all your friends.
This lesson is primarily one on one in a very controlled environment and is geared specifically for those who have no experience in rolling. Those who have a roll, but are looking to perfect their hip snap or sweep are more than welcome as well!
Reservations are a MUST! Call for more details: (716) 763-2266."
Daniel C.
user 58956562
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 4
Yepp lessons start in Feb. I wont be there during the lessons just open pool nights so I can practice different kinds of rolls. But the class is very good. I would at first maybe use one of there white water kayaks to start if you never done this before then try it with your own kayak. Some of the white water kayaks they have roll so easy its great to get it down on something easy then try it on your own which might be a little harder to do depending on the kayak. BUT all kayaks can roll. Don't forget a spray skirt if bringing your own kayak and nose plugs or a swim mask. Trust me no fun with pool water up your nose.
jeanne l
user 11789423
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 6
UB is also having pool practices this winter (see info below). The caveat is you need to bring your own whitewater gear. Since the pool is small they are not allowing people to bring in sea kayaks. There are 2 sea kayaks at the pool that they let people use on a first come basis.

Time 7-9pm

COST: $60 – students, faculty, staff, Zoar Valley Paddling Club Members /$80 – Community

Dates:
November - 21
December - 5, 12, 19
January - 9, 16, 23, 30
February - 6, 13, 20, 27

Maureen A
user 24506112
Kennedy, NY
Post #: 198
I just spoke to Mike at Evergreen Outfitters. He is willing to email me a description of what is offered. Maybe that would help get the meet up on the board. Thus far, the classes have been geared toward those who know how to roll and are learning new techniques. Beginner classes begin January 21.