We're back. London Startups, the eclectic bunch of fools who think they can change the world, starts the year with a bang.
On Thursday February 20th, we learn from the wonderful:
• Emma Jones, founder of Enterprise Nation, and Techlocate (an inward investment consultancy which was sold to Tenon PLC). Jones is also co-founder of StartUp Britain, the national campaign to encourage more people to start a business and support existing businesses to grow.
• Manu Marchal, VP of Acunu (business insight software) and organiser of the “Big Data” MeetUp group; he regularly speaks on the topic of how businesses can use data to improve their offering.
Together, we'll open the floor to a discussion about two key areas:
1. Data: how your business can use data to improve and adapt for the year ahead
• what is data?
• why is it important?
• how should you use it?
• examples in practice - Q&A
2. Failure: how you can learn from mistakes and move your business forward - how to learn from failure
• why failure is good for business
• examples - Q&A
Our usual open networking will take place afterwards, where you'll have the opportunity to meet a diverse range of startups, developers, investors and more.
It's going to be a fantastic event, which has been helped to be put together by Sage UK; I use their online accounting software Sage One - so big thank you to the team there.
• 6:45pm – Arrival & refreshments
• 7:10pm – Introduction by me :)
• 7:15pm – Using data to drive business growth, with Emmanuel Marchal (+ Q&A)
• 7: 40pm – Making this your year of business opportunity, with Emma Jones (+ Q&A)
• 8:05pm – Wrap up and thanks
• 8:10pm – Networking & refreshments/food
• 9pm – Event ends
VCCP, Greencoat House, Francis Street, London, SW1P 1DH
RSVP to be in the loop, and I look forward to seeing you - friends and new - then.
- Tom (@tomchurch)