Although we've had the most amazingly warm and sunny weather, there's no denying it: fall is upon us in full force. With the weather cooling off, we naturally feel more drawn towards heavier, warmer, comforting foods.
Here is your chance to enjoy a delicious array of everyone's fall favourites. Come share a serving with like minded friends for a heart and tummy warming social time!
Our conttribution will be the classic Caesar Salad and warming Ratatouille.
We look forward to staying warm with good food and good friends. We hope to see you there!
POTLUCK DINNER - FALL FAVOURITES
WHEN: SUNDAY, November 3rd, 2013
TIME: 5:00PM to 7:30PM Remember daylight savings time! Fall back! (turn the clocks back)
WHERE: Woodcliff United Church 5010 Spruce Dr. SW Calgary VIEW MAP
COST: $5.00 to cover the church rental and liability insurance.
Children under 18 are FREE.
RSVP: REQUIRED DUE TO LIMITED SEATING OF 30
5:00 – 6:00 Food Prep, Shopping at our table or Socializing
6:00 - 7:00 Announcements, Dinner and Sharing*
7:00 - 7:30 Shopping, Socializing, Cleanup and Un-decorating
* Sharing your raw food testimonials, experiences and helpful books, etc. Everyone finds this inspiring, supportive and a motivational experience.
• your own plates, bowls, cups, cutlery and napkins.
• only fresh (frozen fruit OK), ripe, raw, washed plant foods (organic preferred).
• enough to serve 24-30 people a small serving each.
• only homemade dressing.
• a prepared dish, as kitchen space is very limited.
• 2 dishes if you are bringing a partner or guest.
• 2 or more dishes if you are bringing children, using your judgment based on the age and number of children attending.
• your own drinking water.
• a card (also available at the potluck) with the list of ingredients in your dish. Please indicate if nuts or seeds were soaked and/or dehydrated.
• any food-prep books, recipes, dietary literature, and any other information that would be of interest to our group.
PLEASE AVOID USING:
• honey or artificial sweeteners. Instead use stevia, dates, date sugar, agave nectar, coconut nectar or yacon syrup.
• frozen (blanched) vegetables. Frozen fruit is not blanched.
• GMO corn (organic corn only please).
• canned (cooked) beans.
• all sprouted beans (except adzuki and mung beans) which are toxic eaten raw!
• bottled dressings unless it is raw and homemade homemade.
• oils (low fat, whole food dressings preferred) unless very small quantities of raw and cold-pressed.
• alcohol, including kombucha.
RAW VEGAN CONTRIBUTION SUGGESTIONS:
For recipes for the suggestions below, Google: (raw food recipe for "recipe name").
• Fresh Pressed Vegetable Juice (shot glasses available if you'll wash them)
• Home-Made Fruit Smoothie (shot glasses available if you'll wash them)
• Home-Made Green Smoothie (shot glasses available if you'll wash them)
• Raw Vegan Soup
• Fresh Fruit Platter
• Fruit Salad
• Coleslaw with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Garden Salads with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Marinated Salads with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Sprout Salads with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Carrot Salad with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Veggies and Home-Made Raw Vegan Dip
• Guacamole and Veggie Dippers
• Dehydrated Raw Vegan Crackers
• Dehydrated Kale Chips
• Beet Salad with Home-Made Raw Vegan Dressing
• Raw Vegan Mashed "Potatoes"
• Raw Vegan Pureed Yam
• Zucchini Pasta with Raw Vegan Marinara Sauce
• Raw Vegan Zucchini Bread
• Raw Vegan Carrot Bread
• Raw Vegan Onion Bread
• Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie
• Raw Vegan Apple Pie
• Raw Vegan Cookies
• Raw Vegan Squares
• Use your imagination!
We will have all of our books, most clearing at 40% off, kitchen tools, raw foods, supplements, and cosmetics available for purchase, for all your RAW FOOD LIFESTYLE NEEDS. We currently accept cash and cheques only.
You can make an appointment to visit our home office to view or purchase any of the above items.
If you have any questions, please email us. We look forward to seeing you at the potluck dinner.
Have an Awesome Rawsome Week!
Diana & Manu
Awesome Rawsome Lifestyle