With spring just around the corner, we anticipate the arrival of all things green springing back to life. Why not herald the coming of spring by kicking up your heels and attending our St. Patrick’s Day Potluck Dinner? Children are always welcome.
Prepare something GREEN – a savory or sweet dish. Then come and savour a little taste of the Emerald Isle and indulge in a bit of Irish fun. Oh, and remember to wear something GREEN to avoid getting pinched by a leprechaun!
With Irish Luck* in abundance, who knows, you might just find that pot of gold!
*Definition of Luck - Meaningful coincidences are manifestations of an all embracing universal order" ~ Arthur Koestler, The Roots of Coincidence
Here are the details:
ST. PATRICK'S DAY POTLUCK DINNER
WHEN: SUNDAY, March 4th, 2012 TIME: 5-7PM
WHERE: Woodcliff United Church DIRECTIONS
5010 Spruce Dr. SW
Calgary T3C 3B2
COST: 5.00 to cover room rental Children under 18 are FREE.
RSVP: REQUIRED DUE TO LIMITED SEATING OF 30
5:00PM - Food Prep, Shopping or Socializing
5:30PM - Dinner
6:30PM - Shopping or Socializing
- your own plates, bowls, cups, cutlery and napkins
- 2 dishes if you are bringing a partner or guest
- 2 or more dishes if you are bringing children, using your judgment based on the age and number of children attending.
- fresh, ripe, raw, plant life (organic preferred). Frozen fruits (ice creams) are acceptable.
- any type of fruit or vegetable salad with homemade dressing only.
- an appropriate serving utensil for your dish.
- a card with the list of ingredients* in your dish. (available at the potluck)
- any food-prep books, recipes, dietary literature, and any other information that would be of interest to our group.
*Please indicate the variety of nuts or seeds used and if they are soaked and/or dehydrated.
PLEASE AVOID USING:
- honey or artificial sweeteners. Use agave nectar or yacon syrup instead.
- frozen (blanched) or canned (cooked) vegetables. Frozen fruit is not blanched.
- bottled dressings unless the label specifies that it is raw
RAW VEGAN CONTRIBUTION SUGGESTIONS:
- Green Smoothies (shot glasses will be provided, if you'll wash them)
- Green Juice (shot glasses will be provided, if you'll wash them)
- Green Soup (mini bowls, holding 2 oz. will be provided, if you'll wash them)
- Fresh Fruit like Kiwi, Honeydew Melon or Green Grapes
- Garden Salads with home made dressing
- Marinated Kale Salad
- Veggies and Spinach Dip
- Veggies and Pumpkin Seed Dip
- Guacamole and Veggie Dippers
- Green Crackers
- Zucchini Pasta with Pesto
- Spinach Quiche
- Key Lime Pie
- Use your imagination!
You can view the photos of previous potlucks at: http://rawfood.meetup....
Also remember you can now make an appointment to visit our home office to purchase any of the above items, or arrange for a Monday-Friday delivery downtown or a Saturday morning pickup (1130am-12:00pm) in front of the Planet Organic South store (located at Elbow Drive and Southland Drive SW.).
If you have any questions, please let us know by email.
We look forward to seeing you at the potluck dinner.
Have an Awesome Rawsome week!
Diana & Manu
About this Meetup Group