* A bright is a person who has a naturalistic worldview
* A bright's worldview is free of supernatural and mystical elements
* The ethics and actions of a bright are based on a naturalistic worldview
Is Your Worldview Naturalistic?
Think about your own worldview to decide if it is free of supernatural or mystical deities, forces, and entities. If you decide that you fit the description above, then you are, by definition, a bright!
Join with other brights from all over the world in an extraordinary effort to change the thinking of society—the Brights movement.
The movement's three major aims are:
1. Promote the civic understanding and acknowledgment of the naturalistic worldview, which is free of supernatural and mystical elements.
2. Gain public recognition that persons who hold such a worldview can bring principled actions to bear on matters of civic importance.
3. Educate society toward accepting the full and equitable civic participation of all such individuals.
The Brights’ Principles succinctly characterize the movement:
1. We are a constituency of individuals (the registered Brights at http://the-brights.net/ );
2. We conserve original definitions (of a bright, see above);
3. The Brights' Net offers a pragmatic action connection for Brights;
4. The Brights' Net functions as an Internet entity (not as a membership organization);
5. The movement is inclusive of the varied Brights who support its aims;
6. The movement by these individuals (the Brights) and not describable by other labels
7. The Brights, and not others, are to define their movement;
8. The movement is to be a positive force toward full civic participation (fairness for all);
9. The Brights seek acknowledgment and influence in society.