add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
I just saw this band (who are originally from Saskatoon) play at a Stampede Coca Cola party, where the band lineup was announced for this year's Stampeded Coca Cola Stage.

This band freaking blew my mind. For a bunch of young guys, their music is a mixture of Allman Bros, BTO, Zeppelin, Guess Who, etc. all good stuff.

Unlike cover bands, they write their own stuff. I wish I could play like they do:­

A former member
Post #: 72
I really like their new album The Sheepdogs - The Sheepdogs (2012). It's awesome!

By the way their song I Don't Know off their 2008 album is super easy to play. E (with a pinky pull of and hammer on) on the B string, D and A. Listen to this YT vid to get the groove. Mind you this is their rock out version:­

Here is an acoustic version live:­

"Somebody please heeeeeeeeeeeelp me!"

By the way you would probably like the Black Keys (­ ) and another band called Black Mountain ( The Hair Song is one I like­ ).
Barry C.
user 32794432
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
The Sheepdogs won a Rolling Stone magazine contest for best band not signed to label. I saw them at the Republik in Calgary.
A former member
Post #: 4
You may also like The Deep Dark Woods. Also from Saskatoon.
I have a couple of their CDs and I saw them this past Halloween at the Republik.
Awesome music !!!