CannaChurch.Rocks Message Board › Greenhouse Project for Patients and Growers

Greenhouse Project for Patients and Growers

Forex5
user 3455003
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 113
I am working on a project to set up some full scale greenhouses and subdivide them into "Greenhouse condos."

Benefits would be:
- close to population centers, out of town
- security on site (would like at least 2 people on site at all times and video connected via Internet)
- green thumb help on site
- Grow, Bloom and Flush plumbed to each "Condo."
- Onsite Super Mothers - grafted to get multiple varieties on a single plant
- Onsite Donor Mothers - in the process of rooting but still attached so that a sizeable clone can be excised
- Supplemental lighting to create a Vegetative Area even in short days
- Black out cloth in the Flower Area so that flowering can be forced year round
- Target yield +/- a half a pound per month
- potential to connect with or to a dispensary
- breeding projects to develop strains suitable for specific issues (pain, digestion, appetite, depression, etc.)
- CO2 enrichment
- Fans and cooling equipment
- potential for multiple crops per year
- free light - running HPS and MH takes a lot of power
- able to go on vacation or other obligations and have your plants cared for in your absence

If this idea pans out the plan is to rent directly to the patient so that the location on the paperwork is their "Condo" within the greenhouse. A grower could also rent a 4 pack to service their patients.

To grow 6 large plants would take about 400 Square Feet of greenhouse space. I would like to use greenhouses that have high ceilings both for heat moderation and for room for the taller plants to reach upward.

With all the issues people have with growers and patients at odds this could be a way to regain visibility and production of well loved and cared for plants.

If this sounds interesting or if you see any issue then post here.
Best wishes.
Lisbeth S.
user 45803362
Albany, OR
Post #: 6
This is a positive option, and an offer for a potential solution. Excellent!

I am a new OMMP member, and am mulling over the "do I grow or find someone to grow" question. Just been getting meds from fellow OMMP folks, compensating for expenses. Growing takes dedication, and ends up... I have friends whose lives have been consumed with their grow. Security, their grow site, it brings alot of stress to their lives, and alters it.

Having a secure spot helps, although you'd need a strong trust bond with managers of a greenhouse resource. Great option to consider.
Forex5
user 3455003
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 114
You may want to do a mixture. I see you are in Albany so if you could find a veteran grower in your area AND keep your grow at your location. Then if you have an issue they can help you out. The way we get to be good at this is by all the issues we have had over the years and that can be a benefit to you as well.

Also, if you just ping to this group if you have an issue then that is another resource.

Growing is hard though. The real key is consistency. Water 9 out of 10 times and the one you missed will set you back. I believe in automation and redundancy. I really like the pumps turning on by a timer, or lights coming on as scheduled. If you do grow for yourself work to make it as easy to care for as possible.

The greenhouse concept could be ideal though as you are just renting space for your plants. There can be a ala carte menu for additional services like insect check, insect treatment, clone, grafting another plant on, breeding....etc. So, if you want to do it your way, be that hydro or organic you could in your space....or there can also be a service that you can connect into with standardized grow units that can be attached to the proper feed or flush. A well set up greenhouse will outperform the same square footage under lights.

Ideally the greenhouse would be neat and tidy, if you know of Harborside down in the Bay Area I like their organization.