addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Oregon Medical Marijuana Patients, Growers and Caregivers Message Board › Collecting reimbursements from dispensaries

Collecting reimbursements from dispensaries

Kathy W.
user 112957772
Eugene, OR
Post #: 1
Anyone else having trouble collecting reimbursements from a dispensary? I had medicine in a dispensary in Portland and 2 days before I was scheduled to collect I called and was informed that the dispensary had a new owner, my medicine was nowhere to be found, and I am currently being led around by the nose by the guy who owes me the reimbursement. Twice now I've driven 4 hrs to collect and for one reason or another it's not happened. Anyone have any thoughts on this or a similar experience? I'd love to hear from you
Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 807
Sorry to hear about that Kathy. In the last couple months with the new laws coming online not all dispensaries have been able to remain open. We (the Growers and Patients Association) were kicked out of the Farmers Market we were running when the landlord, Bob Durnell, decided to kick us out and start his own dispensary. Then, he didn't qualify. Now, thanks to Bob, I own a couple people money, but they will get. I hope your people show up for you and you get your product back or your money given to you.
I've been trying to start a collectively owned dispensary/farmers market for about a year now, but there is not enough interest in Eugene at this time.
Peace,
Ananda

Anyone else having trouble collecting reimbursements from a dispensary? I had medicine in a dispensary in Portland and 2 days before I was scheduled to collect I called and was informed that the dispensary had a new owner, my medicine was nowhere to be found, and I am currently being led around by the nose by the guy who owes me the reimbursement. Twice now I've driven 4 hrs to collect and for one reason or another it's not happened. Anyone have any thoughts on this or a similar experience? I'd love to hear from you

Paul
user 22551251
Eugene, OR
Post #: 78
Yes I have had the same experience from a local Dispensary - that Will be back open after the re-lic issues. Took weeks to get my product back - a sure loss on my books.
For what they, dispensaries, offer and the hassles with consignment, I'd rather just keep it grower to patient. smile
A former member
Post #: 26
I will not be dealing with dispensaries at all. Too much BS to deal with. I don't consign my meds. Especially not so someone else can make a killing on them after offering me close to nothing.
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 113
I'm trying to take this all in....Dispensaries have been getting money for a while...what happened to the growers being able to control the market more with the passing of the dispensary laws. I was under the impression that dispensaries, now "legal(if licensed or on their way)" could not grow for themselves, but had to get meds from other growers. Is this not the case? I always could be wrong. Can a dispensary grow for itself if it is not in the same building? Why can we the growers not demand more if they(the dispensaries) must get meds from us? Am I missing anything else? What about delivery services and farmers markets(not that I disagree)? At the moment I am feeling lost even after reading the law. I am asking a real(multi-part) question and know their are knowledgeable individuals that contribute greatly. Thanks in advance for info.
Kathy W.
user 112957772
Eugene, OR
Post #: 2
People who have dispensaries can grow their own medicine but it cannot be on the same property as the dispensary and they have to follow the laws the same as every one else. What I have come to realize is that the dispensaries want half of what the medicine is worth...ie: they reimburse the grower $100. per oz, they sell for $200. per oz. As far as the testing I've had to pay for that myself in all dispensaries except one and they paid half of the cost. As far as I can see all the power is with the dispensaries, they set the price. Since I grow outdoors most use that as an excuse to reimburse me at a low price, they say people don't like outdoor as well as indoor etc.... I'v come to realize that growers have basically no protection and until they complete the laws thats how it will be.
Paul
user 22551251
Eugene, OR
Post #: 79
Outdoor - exactly right. Been offered 800 to 1000 a lb and testing on top of that. So that's not even an option really.
I was told that the Grower decided the reimbursement amount, e.g. "I would like a donation amount of 140 per oz". The dispensary then decides what amount to attach for their 'profit' and yeah its usually double. I have not found any dispensary to accept donation requests above 147 an oz - plus the testing costs.

Farmers Market is the hopeful saving grace - if it can be argued legal
Algorithm
algorithm42
Portland, OR
Post #: 114
Yes, I was under the impression that the dispensary bill was supposed to put more power in the growers hands to help the patients....but yah thats crap.....I thought the same- growers are "supposed" to be able to ask for amount per oz. I guess that does not mean they have to take it since now they have to do is have another building to grow in. What a crock.
Paul
user 22551251
Eugene, OR
Post #: 81
So, ---- is there an answer to this problem ? Why can't we form a collective, right here for supplying meds to patients. More postings of what growers have to offer. Keep the dollar amounts low enough to cut in to dispensary prices but enough to reasonably reimburse us. Like a Growers page of meds available on a daily basis - not sure about delivery issues etc.... just a thought
Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Post #: 809
The market on 7th was our collective until the (greedy) landlord kicked us out. All we need is a new place. I'm holding out for a place with a large kitchen so we can make medibles. Let's have a meet up soon and discuss the options.
In the meantime I am doing Wednesdays until 10pm and thursdays until 6pm at the Beaver Street House.

So, ---- is there an answer to this problem ? Why can't we form a collective, right here for supplying meds to patients. More postings of what growers have to offer. Keep the dollar amounts low enough to cut in to dispensary prices but enough to reasonably reimburse us. Like a Growers page of meds available on a daily basis - not sure about delivery issues etc.... just a thought