addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Oregon Medical Marijuana Patients, Growers and Caregivers Message Board › $175 Reimbursements for your grower

$175 Reimbursements for your grower

Ananda
A.Handshealer
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
A lot of people have been asking me about reimbursements:

According to Oregon law a legal patient may reimburse his/her legal grower. A survey conducted by many members and others has offered us this piece of information: most grows are relatively small; and as such relatively expensive to maintain just in utilities and supplies as the "smallness" of it precludes bulk purchasing with discounts etc.

The survey showed that most growers require about $175 in reimbursement per ounce of top quality meds from the top of the plant (the most medicinally potent portion of the plant).

I found that interesting because in our grows (the OMMGPA grows) we only grow for the top buds and it turns out that our cost of supplies and utilities is approximately an average of $175 per ounce.

Most of our patients require two ounces per month which, of course, they receive at no cost. I should point out, especially to "my" patients, that we do, (myself and most of the other growers in our group) usually have meds for our patients at the $175 reimbursement. I believe reimbursements up to one ounce per day is allowed under Oregon law.

So, if you are in need of meds, contact me and I will see if your grower can supply you with "extra" meds at a reasonable reimbursement. Many patients have switched to our group of growers because we are a not-for-profit collective composed of growers and patients. This gives us a lot of collective "power" to produce more, to produce better and to not get tied into the profit motive which in turn leads to higher prices and lower quality.

The OMMGPA is a not for profit collective. We do not accept payment or consideration of any kind. We grow for a limited number of OMMP patients. Occasionally, after our patients have received their designated medications we have some left over. It is those med that we accept reimbursements for.

Again, we do not sell or buy meds. We can not sell to you. If you are a OMMP patient you can sometimes get free meds at our meetups. Or you can sometimes reimburse your grower.

If you do not have a grower contact us and we will find one for you. Once you have a grower you can reimburse your grower at the reimbursement rate, AND you can usually get free meds from your grower, too.

Thank you for reading.

Chuck