Welcome to the Largest & Most Active HK/Cantonese Meetup in the World ! (香港外)
THE TORONTO HONG KONG/CANTONESE COMMUNITY
Learn/Practice Cantonese, English & Mandarin for FREE (10,000+ language/culture & friendship/fun lovers @ GTA)
• Fun activities, Festivals, Dinner with other Cantonese speakers, Social w/ energetic & upbeat new friends
• Networking with young professionals & business people in Toronto, Hong Kong, or other areas in China & Asia
Hong Kong is a world city and is one of the Alpha+ cities, ranked as the third most important international financial centre, following London and New York. It continues to play an active role in the international arena and maintains close contact with its international partners.
Toronto is among the most populous cities in terms of inhabitants originally from Hong Kong, with vivid economic and cultural presence citywide. Cantonese is the main language spoken in Hong Kong and the Guangdong Province, with around 100-million native speakers worldwide.
* WIIFY? Now the business side--best opportunities, largest markets, strongest capitals in the world (for the time being):
Think ASIA, Think HONG KONG!
Connect to China and South East Asia through the pearl of Asian--Heart of China, Center of World
• This video was well done--impressed-- and let's do our part as well and promote Hong Kong a bit harder here in Toronto :)
• I took this slogan from the above Youtube video and website. I like it but if it's a trademark and the owner likes me to give credit to them or to take it down, please message the co-organizer and we'll process it accordingly in due time.
This group is for people who've got some rudimentary or rusty Cantonese and would like to have a place to improve their skills, share their knowledge, and learn with others. It's meant to help, support and encourage anybody who is interested to learn Cantonese. Meet other local Cantonese Speakers to practice the language. We have a good mix of people, from a few who are just learning, to quite a few "native" Cantonese speakers, who are all quite eager to help out the beginners!
* FREE Forever Policy: We are not-for-profit and as such our group membership, events, service etc. will always be FREE (except for your own orders & expenses of course).
To accommodate both "uptown" and "downtown" people, we (a) locate our events near the subway line where possible and (b) we alternate between uptown and downtown locations when possible. Come join us to either practice or learn this ever-changing, fun dialect!
* 0-tolerance policy to spams & disrespectful behaviors. Please make efforts and exercise your common sense to maintain a quality community that benefits each other. If you have questions or need assistance, do not hesitate to contact the organizers through messages. Please read:
A community is great because of members in it--we need you to make it great!
Participate or give a hand during a meetup you attend, contribute your ideas or assist a newcomer, help spread the words or invite friends to good events, volunteer or host a meetup...
Welcome to join our sister group in Hong Kong, and make friends or get assistance while visiting there:)
• Hong Kong International Meetup
• Hong Kong Friends (2,000+ members)