add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Toronto Hong Kong/Cantonese Community (#1 in the world !) Message Board › ***WANTED*** Organizers/volunteers for the Toronto Cantonese Language Meetup

***WANTED*** Organizers/volunteers for the Toronto Cantonese Language Meetup Group!

Closed to new replies

user 5466189
Toronto, ON
Post #: 11
Looking for organizers for the Toronto Cantonese Language Meetup Group!

Is it easy to become an organizer?
Is it easy to pick up marbles with chop sticks? Yes, it is easy! If you are interested, just contact one of the current organizers and they will be more than glad to help you out.

How much time do I need to put into the group?
It is up to you. You can organize one event a year or every week.
The duration of each event will vary and it would be up to the organizer’s discretion.

What do I have to do as an organizer?
It is very simple. Post the event on the website and include all the important details including date, address, meeting location and meeting details. On the day of the event, just be there to help the event run smoothly.

What if I am not sure if people will be interested in the event I post?
When creating an event, these are options to set an “RSVP by date” as well as a minimum number of attendees. If not enough people RSVP – as the organizer, you can cancel or reschedule the event.

Do I have to be able to speak Cantonese to help organize?
Not at all! We have members who speak very little Cantonese, ABCers, BBCers, CBCers, Cantonese wannabes to native speakers. We encourage everyone to speak as much as they can at the events.

I have an event I want to share with everyone but I don’t want to organize it.
If you have a great idea, but can’t organize the event, you can post the idea on the website or just let one of the organizers know and we can see if we can get someone to organize it.

Other requirements
The potential organizer must have attended at least 4 events previously to get to know the workings of the group.

Please keep in mind that we are a Cantonese Languages Meetup group. We are here to help each other learn about the Cantonese language and culture in a fun and relaxed environment. Our past events included Chinese dinners, Bubble tea, Mah Jong, Dim Sum, pub night, movie nights, skating and classroom sessions.