Canucks Amuck - Toronto Wargaming Group Message Board › Multiplayer "Here I Stand" Game - March 23rd - Seeking Players

Multiplayer "Here I Stand" Game - March 23rd - Seeking Players

Burns M.
user 21454391
Guelph, ON
Post #: 44
Not so sure about 90%, I can definitely give you 89% though. England sounds perfect, I'll study up and see you Saturday.

Burns, if you can make it to some convenient location in Burlington, or Oakville, I'd be happy to give you a ride from that spot to Toronto and back again.

I've met both you and your father before, and plenty of people around here can affirm that I'm not some kind of raging psychopath or anything. PM me if you want to try and arrange a ride.

Tim, thanks very much for the offer but getting to Burlington and Oakville takes almost as long for me as getting to Toronto so I'll have to decline. Again, thanks.
Tim P.
user 2808733
Toronto, ON
Post #: 216
Yeah, actually after I posted the other day I had a look at the GO system map and noticed how terrible the trip was. Best I can offer is to meet you at the Milton GO station, which is just a little out of my way (and drop you off there after we're done).

Bit of background, I didn't get my drivers license until fairly late in life, so I still have a lot of passenger-karma to repay.
Steve M.
user 82119802
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to this Saturday.

To be honest, I can't decide on the scenario. The tournament is the one where everyone is the most equal, and all players are close to victory. This is good because it prevents players from suffering from poor play at the beginning. However, it may lead to a run-away game if someone is not adequately prepared.

The starting scenario is good, since it allows things to develop naturally throughout the game and the early game is a lot of expanding. It's probably the most disadvantaging to the Protestant player as they start with nothing, and given poor play and poor rolls means they will be hard-pressed to expand. However, the game is balanced. This is my ideal scenario since it allows all players to fully experience the game.

The third scenario, mid-way, makes sure the protestants have an adequate amount of territory and the Hapsburgs have lost a bit. I have no qualms about this scenario. If people would like to shorter the length and be on a bit more equal footing, this is probably the best one.

Tim P.
user 2808733
Toronto, ON
Post #: 217
My vote would be for the starting scenario, mostly because my preference most games is to begin at the beginning.
Burns M.
user 21454391
Guelph, ON
Post #: 45
Thanks again Tim but I'm either taking the train or getting a ride from my ever suffering parents. Either way I'll be there by 11, give or take a couple minutes.
Steve M.
user 82119802
Toronto, ON
Post #: 3
I too would rather start in 1517.
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 696
Starting scenario is fine with me. Let's assume that's what we'll play.