addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Canucks Amuck - Toronto Wargaming Group Message Board › April Meet-up Game Scheduling

April Meet-up Game Scheduling

Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 698
Post here to pre-arrange a game and an opponent for the April meet-up.

Please read this thread first: http://www.meetup.com...­ regarding the need to find an alternate location for April.

I'm looking for an opponent to play "The Tide at Sunrise", a quick playing, low-complexity, low counter-density game of the Russo-Japanese War in 1904-05.

http://www.boardgameg...­

Probably 10-15 minutes to set up and explain, and 2-3 hours for a first time playthrough (apparently experienced players can power through it in 1.5-2).

I'm also looking for opponents, as always, for playing the World at War system, the Band of Brothers system or the Lock n' Load system.

[EDIT AGAIN]

The wedding that kicked us out of the space has cancelled its reservation, so we are back on at the usual location, Forest Hill United Church. I have cancelled the reservation with Mount Pleasant Library - we are back to Forest Hill United Church at 11 AM until 6 PM.
Steve M.
user 82119802
Toronto, ON
Post #: 4
Theo, if you are coming would you be interested in playing War of the Roses with Alex and I (and anyone else?)

Hi Kozure, I'm not familiar with the three systems you mentioned at the end of your post but I will look into them.
Burns M.
user 21454391
Guelph, ON
Post #: 46
Hey Steve. I've been looking at War of the Roses for a while and I'm very interested in played if you once against don't mind teaching a noobie and assuming I can make it.
Pat H.
user 12798363
North York, ON
Post #: 5
Kozure, I'm keen to learn World at War, BoB, or L&L. And Combat Commander, if anyone out there has it.

Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 700
Hi Kozure, I'm not familiar with the three systems you mentioned at the end of your post but I will look into them.

They're tactical WWII/WWIII games, which if I recall, are not your preference, but I'm always looking for converts!

Kozure, I'm keen to learn World at War, BoB, or L&L. And Combat Commander, if anyone out there has it.

I have Combat Commander as well, and it's also one of my favourites. Pick which one interests you most, Pat, and I'll bring some scenarios for that system.
Theo
user 17048091
North York, ON
Post #: 32
Theo, if you are coming would you be interested in playing War of the Roses with Alex and I (and anyone else?)

I'm in. Tim is busy shepherding a new convert.

Theo
user 17048091
North York, ON
Post #: 33
Confirmed. Steve, I'll join you and whomever else on War of the Roses.

Pat H.
user 12798363
North York, ON
Post #: 6
Combat Commander interests me most, but I'll learn whatever you want. I don't want to hijack your games day.

Pat
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 705
Combat Commander interests me most, but I'll learn whatever you want. I don't want to hijack your games day.

Pat

Nope, I loves me some Combat Commander. I have a large selection of scenarios, covering a wide range of times and locations. Which are you most interested in?

Pick your Allied country: United States, UK/Commonwealth, Russia, France, Allied Minors
Pick your Axis country: Germany, Japan, Italy, Axis Minors
Pick your location: Europe, Mediterranean, Pacific

I should have an intro-level scenario that can match any of those criteria, and if I don't, I'll design one.

Teaching and playing an intro scenario of Combat Commander will take about 3 hours. Once you're familiar with it you can bang out a game in 90-120 minutes.

[EDIT]

Please note that we are back to our usual location at Forest Hill United Church from 11 AM until 6 PM on April 27th!
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 708
A member (Dave B.) is setting up a big Axis and Allies War at Sea scenario on the larger conference table this time around. It's always an impressive sight to see. Come on out and marvel at the action!

Minor notice: Apparently there is a larger party in the lower hall starting at 5 PM. We have been asked that if we park in the church parking lot from 11 until 4:30, that we move our vehicles to street parking locations nearby at 4:30 to allow for more space for the 5 PM party-goers.