Canucks Amuck - Toronto Wargaming Group Message Board › May Meet-up Game Scheduling

May Meet-up Game Scheduling

Theo
user 17048091
North York, ON
Post #: 40
Hey Chris, Thorsten and I will be playing For the people--paper map. Could I trouble you to bring one of the plexiglass board tops for us to use?
David
Leonithic
Toronto, ON
Post #: 18
Barring any surprises, I will be able to make it out for this one. I will bring some of my small wargame collection. I'm sure they all had epic charges in them. :)
Tim P.
user 2808733
Toronto, ON
Post #: 222
I'm still hoping to attend, but since I'm in the process of moving most of my games are going to be packed away and I don't want to commit to anything definite. I may be available for <insert your game idea here> but I may be showing up without anything from my collection.

Don, NW:K in June?
A former member
Post #: 11
I'm going to be attending for the first time so if anyone is looking for another player I'm willing to learn and play just about anything.
Don M.
user 8111104
North York, ON
Post #: 23
Tim,

June it is and I agree that the basic makes sense. I plan to be at May's meetup but sadly lack in the games owned department.
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 719
Houston, we have a problem!

Please see this thread:

http://www.meetup.com...­
Theo
user 17048091
North York, ON
Post #: 41
How about one of the rooms at Hart House at U of T. They have plenty and a good selection--not sure what the cost would be.

Or, we could do what the netrunner game people do, they just meet in the Pod at Ryerson. However note the following caveat:

"While we have used the Ryerson cafeteria without any trouble for many events in the past, we do not have the ability to book the space or gain formal permission for its use. So there is always a small chance that the space will be inaccessible or security will ask us to leave and this event will be relocated or cancelled without notice."

Houston, we have a problem!

Please see this thread:

Michael
user 80586832
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
I'm in the same situation as Vraile: will be attending for the first time, and I'm up for anything, so if anyone needs one or more new people, I'd be happy to read the rules in advance.
Have played mostly lighter fare so far: C&C Ancients, We the People, Hannibal RvsC, Hammer of the Scots, Combat Commander Europe, WoTR, and so on, but I'm absolutely willing to learn and try pretty much anything. Try anything at least once, right?

Haven't played any of the games mentioned so far in this thread, so you'd be taking on a new player. But like I said, I'd be happy to read the rules and give it a shot.
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 725
We've run into a snag with insurance coverage at this location. Trying to do yet another Hail Mary but odds are not looking good.
Kozure
Kozure
Group Organizer
York, ON
Post #: 727
Well, unfortunately the College Francais location fell through. It's a long story, but it involves the requirement for event insurance and the fact that other activities engaged the event booking and insurance coordinators until too late in the day today to help me. It's too bad, because right up until 4:15 everything was looking good to go - we even had a full cafeteria to play in.

There's one last option but I need input on it. Please go to this thread:

... to give your input.