ADVANCED Canyoneering Course!!
This course is designed to provide students with the tools needed to jump to the next level of technical skill and become competent and safe canyoneers in ALL classes of canyons and touches on techniques and skills for canyon rescue. The practical experience that you gain during this course will give you the knowledge and confidence to tackle advanced canyon obstacles and many unexpected situations. This extremely popular curriculum has set the standard by which all other courses and curriculums may be judged. This course was designed primarily to meet the needs of recreational canyoneers, but also forms the training foundation for those planning to seek certification as a Canyon Leader or Professional Canyon Guide.
Prerequisite: 3-day Technical Canyoneering Course or Instructor permission. Since this Three-Day Advanced Canyoneering Course builds upon the skills and techniques presented in our Technical Canyoneering Course, you must have that training or extensive personal experience to be admitted to this class.
The topics covered include:
• Efficient Rope Management
• Advanced Knots & Hitches
• Retrievable Anchor Systems (Macrame, Fiddlestick, Pullcord & Sling, etc)
• Transient Anchors (Sandtrap, sand bags)
• Artificial Anchors Installation & Inspection (Bolts & Pitons)
• Advanced Rope Deployment Methods
• Multi-Pitch Rappels
• Simul Rappels (counterweight rappels)
• Advanced Rope Work for Traverses/Re-Belays
• Special Strong Water Current Technique: Wet Disconnects
• Guided Rappels (pig-rig and voodoo tensioning systems)
• Ascending Methods & Converting to Rappel
• Transitioning on top of Ascend
• Pothole Escape Techniques (pot shot, hooking/aid climbing, 2:1/3:1 raise)
• Basics of Mechanical Advantage
• Group Dynamics and Leadership
Basic personal gear is required for this course: Harness, Helmet, Rappel Device, Safety Tether, Multiple Locking HMS Carabiners, 48" sling/runner/footloop, prusik loop. And any mechanical ascenders you would like to learn how to use (Ropeman II (recommended), Basic, Micro, etc .. bring them.) If you need to borrow some hardware for this class, just ask!
Tuition for this 3-Day Advanced Technical Canyoneering Course is $395 per individual. A $100 deposit will reserve your space in this class sent to: Uber Adventures, 427 S Serrano Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90020 or made via Paypal to: [masked]. Feel free to post any questions on this event or send me a greeting/e-mail through meetup.
Included with tuition is all instruction and all group Canyoneering equipment, i.e.: ropes, webbing, rope bags, rapides, rigging, etc. ... and a Certificate of Completion!!
Warning: The activities in this course have been found to be addictive. Only those people prepared for ultimate adventure and nonstop fun need attend!
Instructor: Klaus Gerhart: American Canyon Guides Association (ACGA) certified Guide, Officer and Instructor, Certified Tactical Rappel Master, Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness First Aid Instructor, Swiftwater Rescue Technician, Technical Rope Rescue Technician, Map & Compass Navigation Instructor and a Master Educator for Leave No Trace wilderness ethics.