The Oscars are almost here so come out and enjoy a CDFF film tradition! We'll see the Oscar nominated animated shorts and weigh in with our predictions for the 2013 winner.
Animated Oscar Nominated Shorts (2013)
NR; 88 Minutes
Show Time 3:50pm
View Trailer: http://theoscarshorts.shorts.tv/.
- The Longest Daycare (USA/English, 5 minutes) - Maggie Simpson attends the Ayn Rand Daycare Center, where she finds a caterpillar and faces off against her nemesis. Directed by David Silverman.
- Adam & Dog (USA/non-dialogue, 16 minutes) - A playful dog exploring the newly created world comes upon the first man. Directed by Minkyu Lee
- Fresh Guacamole (USA/English, 2 minutes) - An unseen cook uses a series of unusual ingredients to prepare a bowl of guacamole. Directed by Pes.
- Head Over Heels (UK/English, 11 minutes) - The emotional distance between a long-married husband and wife has resulted in an unusual living arrangement. Directed by Timothy Reckart and Fodhla Cronin O'Reilly
- Paperman (USA/English, 7 minutes) - A young man working in an office tries desperately to attract the attention of a girl in the building across the street. Directed by John Kahrs.
- Abiogenesis (New Zealand/English, 5 minutes) - In this breathtaking science fiction spectacle, a strange mechanical device lands on a desolate world and uses the planet to undergo a startling transformation that has profound implications for an entire galaxy.
- Dripped (France/French) Jack is a strange character. He steals paintings from museums to eat them. He feeds himself with the artistic process of the painter. But one day, the museums are closed and he will have to paint by himself to survive.
- The Gruffalo's Child (UK, Germany/English, 27 minutes) A little Gruffalo ignores her father's warnings and tiptoes out into the snow in search of the Big Bad Mouse. Starring Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, John Hurt, Tom Wilkinson and Shirley Henderson.
For those interested in food and discussion after the film there are plenty of options nearby.